MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
View attachment 3908033
Then get your ass in gear and start binging them! Brooks early movies (and most of the later as well) are some of the funniest movies ever made.

But if they where made today some of them would be considered VERY not PC ;)
You tell 'em!

The following are "required viewing":
  • Mel Brooks movies: The Producers, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankestein, Silent Movie, High Anxiety, History of the World Part 1, Spaceballs, Robin Hood - Men in Tights, and Dracula - Dead and Loving It.
  • Monty Python movies: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Monty Python's Life of Brian, Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
  • It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
You tell 'em!

• Mel Brooks movies: The Producers, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankestein, Silent Movie, High Anxiety, History of the World Part 1, Spaceballs, Robin Hood - Men in Tights, and Dracula - Dead and Loving It.
  • Monty Python movies: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Monty Python's Life of Brian, Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Damn that is a good list!

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
List needs Yellowbeard. :)

Old Grumpy Wolf

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
You tell 'em!

You left at least one out in my opinion. Whether or not people hate the actor, the movie is still awesome.
Woody Allen's: Sleeper. Also as a special mention: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex: But Were Afraid to Ask.

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
You left at least one out in my opinion. Whether or not people hate the actor, the movie is still awesome.
Woody Allen's: Sleeper. Also as a special mention: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex: But Were Afraid to Ask.
Woody Allen is also a comedic genius, though of a different type (and definitely a piece of work as an individual). Nobody does "comedic angst" or "comedic awkwardness" (in both cases, often just slightly understated) better than him.

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
My favorite is Young Frankenstein.

The real genius of Brooks' movies is the layered humor in them. On the surface, they are politically incorrect screwball comedies with a Borscht Belt humor flair, but they are also filled with parody references to classic movies in their particular genre, as well as parodies of various movie and entertainment tropes.

One that is part of why I like Young Frankenstein so much is how you can hear horses whinnying and reacting in fear whenever Frau Blücher's name is spoken. There's an urban legend that "Blücher" sounds like the German or Yiddish word for "glue", but it actually doesn't. The horses react that way as a parody of the trope of having scary music play whenever the villain enters the scene in a melodrama, and part of the humor is that you can hear the horses' terrified reaction to hearing Frau Blücher's name even when there are no horses anywhere in the vicinity, like in the interior of the castle.

Oh, and the "Puttin' on the Ritz" scene is hilarious!
Here:

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Soooooo... Correct me if I'm wrong... Something good could happen for those hangin' 'round this thread in say... a couple of hours?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In 2h55m to be exact...;)

*looks around* Good this time I don't see Trop posting before me again... :ROFLMAO:

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
how many hours left
Minutes, Seconds, milliseconds, round the milliseconds to the nearest minute.
something lol
9u7v.gif

Reactions: Trope95
4.00 star(s) 116 Votes