TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
My Dorm Streaming Vote Standings

My Dorm .................79%
A Clown Of Thorns....12%
Gym Nights..............07%
Fantasy Valley...........02%
Not heard of any of the other three. What else is on the list?

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
There was a movie and a Netflix show. And I got to watch a lot of repeats of the original as a kid. First season was the best, and then it became campy.
I know of the Netflix show, but I was aware of danger Will Robinson, loooooooong before that came out, but without ever having seen the show... I must have picked it up as a phrase from my parents who are the kind of nerds who'd have been into that show (they taught me to play DnD).

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
There was a movie and a Netflix show. And I got to watch a lot of repeats of the original as a kid. First season was the best, and then it became campy.
The show was originally supposed to be serious science fiction. Dr. Smith was supposed to be killed off in the first season for being the treasonous rat he was in the opening episodes, but Jonathan Harris' campy character was such a fan favorite that they began featuring him in all the episodes, which ruined the science fiction aspect and turned it into another "monster of the week" show, much like other Irwin Allen sci-fi show Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea which started out as a tense Cold War military and espionage drama then got dumber and dumber as the seasons progressed.

wookie ookie

Engaged Member
Aug 30, 2021
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea which started out as a tense Cold War military and espionage drama then got dumber and dumber as the seasons progressed.
Yeah that it did I still watch now and then, when you could get dvd's from Netflix I got all the seasons and burned them as I did with alot of the old tv series

Reactions: JJ1960

wookie ookie

Engaged Member
Aug 30, 2021
Thanks! Another two I've not heard of then. This vote was locked to me as a non-member, whereas the redhead vote at least had the choices visible.
He has a free account option and you'll get the polls he will do, just need Patreon account sign in click link

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I only ever saw the movie verison with Elisbeth Hurley.
And i only know of the Prisoner thanks to Iron Maiden and Reboot.

Cartoon Network used to be the best, watched almost everyrhing i could on there.
Combination of being a kid so no taste + lack of other options. I jest, mostly, it was neat to be there when it came into its prime.

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
Combination of being a kid so no taste + lack of other options. I jest, mostly, it was neat to be there when it came into its prime.
Nothing else rivialed it at the time. Fox kids was only good for an hour or so. And ytv had Reboot and beast wars, with a decent afternoon and after 9pm anime line up.

But cartoon network had bangers all day almost everyday. It is honestly insane thinkng back.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerWolfe

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Nothing else rivialed it at the time. Fox kids was only good for an hour or so. And ytv had Reboot and beast wars, with a decent afternoon and after 9pm anime line up.

But cartoon network had bangers all day almost everyday. It is honestly insane thanikng back.
If you were rich rich you could get Disney xd, but who could afford that.

4.00 star(s) 116 Votes