Sep 3, 2020
To me, there are two types of people who can be regarded as family:
* Family by imposition: Blood related (extended) family. They are family regardless of what you want. My brother can be a serial killer and he wouldn't stop to be family (at least legally). His children and wife too. Even my children, if I had any, since I decided (or not) to have them, but not how they are, even if I try to raise them in a certain way, they can end up being the opposite.
* Family by choice: My wife. My friends. The people I care for that don't belong to the above category. I chose them to be my family. They chose me to be theirs.

I won't try to tell you which family is more important, because it would be an endless debate. The important thing here is that all of them are family.

I'm sorry for the guy who believes only blood-related family is family. I guess he's not married. Or if he is, he's a "wet nudle" who doesn't dare to tell his wife "You are not my family". He's writing here and I don't think there are too many graveyards with wi-fi.
exactly brother for me

blood does not make you family it is love

that's why I say that all Pervert are brothers and sisters

I know people on the site that will die

for me and I for them

MAGO-DAG

Forum Fanatic
Sep 1, 2023
* Family by imposition: Blood related (extended) family. They are family regardless of what you want. My brother can be a serial killer and he wouldn't stop to be family (at least legally). His children and wife too. Even my children, if I had any, since I decided (or not) to have them, but not how they are, even if I try to raise them in a certain way, they can end up being the opposite.
* Family by choice: My wife. My friends. The people I care for that don't belong to the above category. I chose them to be my family. They chose me to be theirs.

I won't try to tell you which family is more important, because it would be an endless debate. The important thing here is that all of them are family.

I'm sorry for the guy who believes only blood-related family is family. I guess he's not married. Or if he is, he's a "wet nudle" who doesn't dare to tell his wife "You are not my family". He's writing here and I don't think there are too many graveyards with wi-fi.
Something like that, just remember, people! 1000224511.gif

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
The concept of family varies greatly. Sometimes we take someone in. There is often another important member in my family. It's almost human, although it looks like a dog. It's a German Shepherd.
And he could appear in the game.
Sure a pet is part of the family since its something you either buy or adopt and you could even adopt a grown-up human as well but easiere just to marry them.

Haha you know i gotta reply on that one :p

I am married, my wife is my family in every legal way and just as much as if you adopted a kid, on paper it would be your family.
if i divorce her shes no longer family then shes purely an ex-wife without claims to anything of mine (maybe not before after court lol)

Friends can never be your family, you can think of them as being as close as family sure, but they can never be true family.
Call me a wet nuddle i dont mind but i go by the real world norms and laws.

And for the game i just cant think of strangers like family and yes they surely are strangers since you barely spend time with them and have only known them a few days, thats waaaaaaaay to fast even to think of them as family, hell its even to fast to consider them real friends since you dont really know them and gotta say if you think of people as family after knowing them for a few days in real life it really would supprise me if you havent been burned by that already.

What was it you said, no more questions, your honor :) something like that.

Last edited:

Trope95

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Sure a pet is part of the family since its something you either buy or adopt and you could even adopt a grown-up human as well but easiere just to marry them.

I am married, my wife is my family in every legal way and just as much as if you adopted a kid, on paper it would be your family.
if i divorce her shes no longer family then shes purely an ex-wife without claims to anything of mine (maybe not before after court lol)

Friends can never be your family, you can think of them as being as close as family sure, but they can never be true family.

And for the game i just cant think of strangers like family and yes they surely are strangers since you barely spend time with them and have only known them a few days, thats waaaaaaaay to fast even to think of them as family, hell its even to fast to consider them real friends since you dont really know them and gotta say if you think of people as family after knowing them for a few days in real life it really would supprise me if you havent been burned by that already.

Wait. Two posts above, you said family is only blood-related. Do you share your blood with your pet? Dog? Cat? Fish? You are contradicting yourself.
The same applies to your wife. According to your previous post, she's not family because you don't share blood (unless it's an incestuous relationship. I don't judge).
We are our words' slaves, my friend.

Are you telling me that a cousin who you never met is more family than your childhood friend who would die for you exclusively because you share some genes with your cousin? Our concept of family is different, my friend.
Can you think of having a harem in real life? If the answer is NO, don't play harem games.
Can you think of exploring a new world in real life while casting spells and shooting everyone with your bow? If the answer is NO, don't play Skyrim or other open-world games.
That applies to strategy games (can you think of yourself leading the Germans to victory in WWII?), NTR games (can you think of getting cucked by your wife?), or any other games.
Games, and even more in this genre, are an escape from reality. Reality rules don't apply.

Reality is great, and has amazing 3D graphics and sound, but lacks a decent walkthrough. And it has too much grind.

Trope95

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022

I just thought of another thing. You say a pet is your family because "it's something you buy", so, according to that definition, if you lived in Ancient Rome, your slaves would be your family because you bought them?
Your slaves and pets yes, but not your friends. I don't get it, my friend.
You CAN'T buy a family! (At least in modern civilized countries)

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
Wait. Two posts above, you said family is only blood-related. Do you share your blood with your pet? Dog? Cat? Fish? You are contradicting yourself.
The same applies to your wife. According to your previous post, she's not family because you don't share blood (unless it's an incestuous relationship. I don't judge).
We are our words' slaves, my friend.

Are you telling me that a cousin who you never met is more family than your childhood friend who would die for you exclusively because you share some genes with your cousin? Our concept of family is different, my friend.
Can you think of having a harem in real life? If the answer is NO, don't play harem games.
Can you think of exploring a new world in real life while casting spells and shooting everyone with your bow? If the answer is NO, don't play Skyrim or other open-world games.
That applies to strategy games (can you think of yourself leading the Germans to victory in WWII?), NTR games (can you think of getting cucked by your wife?), or any other games.
Games, and even more in this genre, are an escape from reality. Reality rules don't apply.

Reality is great, and has amazing 3D graphics and sound, but lacks a decent walkthrough. And it has too much grind.
Hey dont put words in his mouth.... He already did that let the man lay on his own bed lol

You CAN'T buy a family! (At least in modern civilized countries)
Mail order brides are still a thing right ? you can buy family lol

sponge-bob.gif

Trope95

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Hey dont put words in his mouth.... He already did that let the man lay on his own bed lol

Mail order brides are still a thing right ? you can buy family lol

View attachment 4051885
I said civilized countries :ROFLMAO:
And he can't buy it. A wife is not blood-related (if not incestuous, not judging), so no family. Although if he bought her... :unsure:

Aug 9, 2022
I have a best friend that I consider my brother. We are not blood or legally related in any way. I do have a blood related brother that I'm estranged from. I do consider my best friend more "family" then my blood related brother. That's just me! That's how I see things. Not saying my way is right or wrong, that's just how I see thing. I will NEVER tell anyone that my way is the only right way! That would be so wrong because we are all different and look at the world in our own different and unique ways. The way that My Dorm portrays the meaning of "family" align closer to my belief and is why I can resonate so well with the story, but that's just me, and again, I'm not saying my way is the right way and others should adopt my ways. I guess I've always had an issue with other's saying that their way is right and others are wrong. I think you should just do you.

MAGO-DAG

Forum Fanatic
Sep 1, 2023
The concept of "Friend, friends" has no boundaries. They can be considered a family when you are together as close friends and have known each other for many years.

It is still your bad luck that you do not live in the country where I am, because here any friendship is like a family, or "Friendly family". I do not know, dude, how this conversation started, but it is better to close this discussion if you are trying to argue in vain and you try to disagree with our opinion.
Family is like trust and respect, man, when you meet one person, he can become even more than a friend, or even family than the one you consider your family. You can't just go and tell a friend who's been your friend for years, "I can't consider you family, friend." Can you? I don't think so!

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
There will be a time skip from August to February (they are still in 2023) before the Autumn semester during the Aruba trip.
It took 2 years and 4 months to write 21 days, so your 10 years comparison wasn't too wrong ;)
So we could get a premie (8 months from first conceptions?) or two?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Trope95

JayDub47

Sep 11, 2023
so apparently the stream that Adult Game Reviews was gonna do on My Dorm isn't gonna be done, the channel is gonna stream a different game

• Sad
Reactions: txe320 and Trope95

wookie ookie

Engaged Member
Aug 30, 2021
Yeah that's kinda BS I guess, but he did say in Red Head video He is reviewing My Dorm next week guess we'll see

Hi everyone!
I am going to have to cancel the live stream Friday because I was able to get a vet appointment for my dog. He has been having some allergy issues, so I am taking him and the only time was exactly stream time.
I will look at another time this weekend to stream.
Also, due to the length of My Dorm - I will look at one of the other games on the list. Such a long game is usually kind of boring to stream.
Sorry for the change of plans, but I will make it up to everyone.

Last edited:

TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
Well, I'm late to it, but that's a whole lotta posting about family, and it's all very simple really. When people are saying they have friends who are "family", when Trope95 says that exes like Saira and Eileen (at least, they are (potentially) exes at some point), or students like Debbie and Lisa are family, (almost) everyone knows that it isn't by strict dictionary definition.

They can still be family though, because that's what they mean to you. Are you related? No. Do outsiders see you as family? Probably not (unless they are close enough and likely have the words from your mouth). Are you still family? Yes. They're as close to you as family, and you can call them family and even consider them family. You still know that they are not actually related to you, and not family by any legal or strict dictionary definition, but they are still family to you.

4.00 star(s) 116 Votes