Trope95

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
So we could get a premie (8 months from first conceptions?) or two?
We could, but do we want? :ROFLMAO:
Daz3D baby assets are hideous. Besides there would be a problem with Patreon and (potentially) Steam. Showing minors in an adult game is a no-no.

Well, I'm late to it, but that's a whole lotta posting about family, and it's all very simple really. When people are saying they have friends who are "family", when Trope95 says that exes like Saira and Eileen (at least, they are (potentially) exes at some point), or students like Debbie and Lisa are family, (almost) everyone knows that it isn't by strict dictionary definition.

They can still be family though, because that's what they mean to you. Are you related? No. Do outsiders see you as family? Probably not (unless they are close enough and likely have the words from your mouth). Are you still family? Yes. They're as close to you as family, and you can call them family and even consider them family. You still know that they are not actually related to you, and not family by any legal or strict dictionary definition, but they are still family to you.
That's what I mean. My wife and I lived together for over 10 years before we got married (so legally a family). My stepson isn't related to me and I haven't adopted him (I met him as an adult). I have friends who could ask for a kidney and they will get it.
Whoever said my wife and I weren't a family during those 10 years would have been wrong. Whoever said my stepson isn't my family would be wrong. The same applies to my closest friends.
It even has a for it!

My family of choice could get a kidney. Some of my blood extended family couldn't get the time if they asked.

And about outsiders, it's a double-edged sword. The MC doesn't care what outsiders think about him or his relationships (he's fucking his mother, aunt, sister, cousins, and milking his grandma). But he is overprotective on the girls' side of the relationship. Whoever says Martha is a degenerate or a bad mother because she's sleeping with her son will be in dire straits.

That applies to reality too. My most hated witch ... ermmm... mother-in-law said, when my wife and I had been living together but not married for over 6 years, that we (my wife and I) weren't a family. I didn't care what she thought about me being part of her family, but that hurt my wife. A lot. I forbade The Witch to come to my home until she apologized to her daughter. I didn't want or need her apologies. I didn't (and don't) need or want to hear her voice or see her face. It took her two months. She did it in private, without me there, and only because Christmas was around the corner.

But she's legally my family since I married her daughter.

Last edited:

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
I just thought of another thing. You say a pet is your family because "it's something you buy", so, according to that definition, if you lived in Ancient Rome, your slaves would be your family because you bought them?
Your slaves and pets yes, but not your friends. I don't get it, my friend.
You CAN'T buy a family! (At least in modern civilized countries)
Wait. Two posts above, you said family is only blood-related. Do you share your blood with your pet? Dog? Cat? Fish? You are contradicting yourself.
The same applies to your wife. According to your previous post, she's not family because you don't share blood (unless it's an incestuous relationship. I don't judge).
We are our words' slaves, my friend.

Are you telling me that a cousin who you never met is more family than your childhood friend who would die for you exclusively because you share some genes with your cousin? Our concept of family is different, my friend.
Can you think of having a harem in real life? If the answer is NO, don't play harem games.
Can you think of exploring a new world in real life while casting spells and shooting everyone with your bow? If the answer is NO, don't play Skyrim or other open-world games.
That applies to strategy games (can you think of yourself leading the Germans to victory in WWII?), NTR games (can you think of getting cucked by your wife?), or any other games.
Games, and even more in this genre, are an escape from reality. Reality rules don't apply.

Reality is great, and has amazing 3D graphics and sound, but lacks a decent walkthrough. And it has too much grind.
I dont live in ancient rome, laws back then means nothing to day, ofcause you cant buy family goes without saying, but you can consider a pet AS a member of your family, just like you can consider a friend AS family, maybe i worded it worng in my ealiere post.

And no according to my previous post your wife BECOMES your family when you marry her, if you divorce her then yes shes no longer your family but an ex-wife, kids made will always be your family since they are your blood.

Your cousin you never met is still your family, you dont choose your family man.....dident you even say that at one point?....
and yes ofcause that cousin would be more family because the cousin IS family where the friend never will be, a friend can ONLY be AS close AS family, if you read what i say you know im right and we are almost saying the same thing....

And no your not really right on reality rules dont apply, you do know there are harems in the real world right? there are places where a man has multiple wives, in Muslim societies you can have up to 4 wives, Polygamy is also legal in some countries, so get your facts stright, you can think of a harem in real life, so saying reality dosent apply is stupid, even more so when the game it self take laws into account like its legal to marry your cousin, why even mention laws in the game if it has nothing to do with reality and its purely a fantasy world that dosent make sense man, then you shouldent talk about laws and just let MC marry hes mother, sister and who ever he wants without any thoughts on the real world.

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
Whoever says Martha is a degenerate or a bad mother because she's sleeping with her son will be in dire straits.
No they would be right, that happens so early in the game and at a time where MC was putting on pants in hes own room just so Martha wouldent walk in to see him nude, game progressed waaaay to fast at that point in the game since MC went from that to sleeping all nude next to hes mother and sister way to fast and without any explanation which also felt extremly weird, so when that happens everything feels worng even more so for people whos not on Marthas route, you cant expect people to know what happens much later in the game or how the dynamic with MC and hes family evolve its just not possible, new players like me cant see the future like you can being the writer......so it wont make sense to many people untill much later, so to think shes a degenerate at that point in the story is perfectly normal.

Ahh fuck i did it again cant help my self sorry ill be quiet on this issue but maaan its hard :p

Trope95

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I dont live in ancient rome, laws back then means nothing to day, ofcause you cant buy family goes without saying, but you can consider a pet AS a member of your family, just like you can consider a friend AS family, maybe i worded it worng in my ealiere post.

And no according to my previous post your wife BECOMES your family when you marry her, if you divorce her then yes shes no longer your family but an ex-wife, kids made will always be your family since they are your blood.

Your cousin you never met is still your family, you dont choose your family man.....dident you even say that at one point?....
and yes ofcause that cousin would be more family because the cousin IS family where the friend never will be, a friend can ONLY be AS close AS family, if you read what i say you know im right and we are almost saying the same thing....

And no your not really right on reality rules dont apply, you do know there are harems in the real world right? there are places where a man has multiple wives, in Muslim societies you can have up to 4 wives, Polygamy is also legal in some countries, so get your facts stright, you can think of a harem in real life, so saying reality dosent apply is stupid, even more so when the game it self take laws into account like its legal to marry your cousin, why even mention laws in the game if it has nothing to do with reality and its purely a fantasy world that dosent make sense man, then you shouldent talk about laws and just let MC marry hes mother, sister and who ever he wants without any thoughts on the real world.
Man, I'm sure it's the language barrier.
You said your pet is family because you bought it. Not that you consider it as a member of your family. So according to your definition, any person or animal you can buy becomes a family member. Your quote below:
Sure a pet is part of the family since its something you either buy or adopt
Remember, we are our words' slaves. And even more in a written forum.

You say you don't choose your family. A married man saying that? Was your wife imposed on you? If the answer is YES, perhaps you are living in Ancient Rome more than you think. Or a worse version of it.

You don't live in Ancient Rome, and the MC doesn't live in a Muslim country. Laws in Muslim countries mean nothing to the MC or me. So your example about reality doesn't fit. IF you live in a Muslim society, good for you, I don't have anything against Muslim societies (or any society) while they keep their values to themselves and don't try to impose them on other people. You can get up to 4 new family members (with your new definition of marrying also converting her into family). And no one outside their home will notice if they change their hairstyle (if they cover it).

Another thing you didn't get about the game is that it's set in an alternate reality, where some laws are changed, so NO, REALITY DOESN'T APPLY. Girls drink alcohol at 18 (the drinking age in the REAL US is 21) because I changed the laws. Every law? No. Gravity still works. Will I change more laws? Sure. Will it piss off people like you? I'm sure, and I'm glad it does.

This is a game about a different kind of family. About acceptance and support. About living and letting live. Not about bigotry and thinking your views are the Supreme Truth. I'm SO HAPPY when people LIKE YOU stop playing the game...

No they would be right, [...] so to think shes a degenerate at that point in the story is perfectly normal.

Ahh fuck i did it again cant help my self sorry ill be quiet on this issue but maaan its hard :p
And that sentence meant you go to the list. First entry on it. At the end of the day, you won't play the game anymore, so I shouldn't waste my time reading your posts or answering them.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
And that sentence meant you go to the list. First entry on it. At the end of the day, you won't play the game anymore, so I shouldn't waste my time reading your posts or answering them.
I don't even remember why I put him on the list in the first place but I'm guessing it was sentence structure. Apparently the dude's never heard of a period. Glad to see more evidence of a correlation between shitty grammar and shitty people :whistle::whistle::whistle:

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
Man, I'm sure it's the language barrier.
You said your pet is family because you bought it. Not that you consider it as a member of your family. So according to your definition, any person or animal you can buy becomes a family member. Your quote below:

Remember, we are our words' slaves. And even more in a written forum.

You say you don't choose your family. A married man saying that? Was your wife imposed on you? If the answer is YES, perhaps you are living in Ancient Rome more than you think. Or a worse version of it.

You don't live in Ancient Rome, and the MC doesn't live in a Muslim country. Laws in Muslim countries mean nothing to the MC or me. So your example about reality doesn't fit. IF you live in a Muslim society, good for you, I don't have anything against Muslim societies (or any society) while they keep their values to themselves and don't try to impose them on other people. You can get up to 4 new family members (with your new definition of marrying also converting her into family). And no one outside their home will notice if they change their hairstyle (if they cover it).

Another thing you didn't get about the game is that it's set in an alternate reality, where some laws are changed, so NO, REALITY DOESN'T APPLY. Girls drink alcohol at 18 (the drinking age in the REAL US is 21) because I changed the laws. Every law? No. Gravity still works. Will I change more laws? Sure. Will it piss off people like you? I'm sure, and I'm glad it does.

This is a game about a different kind of family. About acceptance and support. About living and letting live. Not about bigotry and thinking your views are the Supreme Truth. I'm SO HAPPY when people LIKE YOU stop playing the game...

Your absolutly right you shouldent waste time on me, but its you who keeps going at it and acting like a troll trying to twist everything i say insted of having a real conversation, its clear to me you cant accept if your worng and then act out like a kid.

For the pet i ment it AS family, a pet can never be family its a pet ffs its an idiotic thing to even talk about.....i can accept if i say something worng or word it worng, im in no way perfect just like everyone else.

Ive always said when you marry it becomes a family.....why on earth are you trying to say i said something else...ive always had the same definition of marriage.

Also it was YOU who started the hole thing about not being able to think about harems in real life and when i tell you its worng, you just cant accept it since everything you think and say is the only thing that can be true... changing it from real life to now it dosent matter since they dont live in those places and you set your own laws in the game has nothing to do with real life as you where talking about.....i mean you correct my wording you might want to look at your own as well.

Not everyone choose their wife either mate.....theres plenty of forced marriages in the world even now and you can also look at it this way, you have a one night fuck with someone she gets pregnant and you marry her due to it being the right thing to do, even though you never wanted or planed to marry her....

I guess i should have said you dont Always choose who you marry, since your only concern is about making the perfect wording instend of what the talk is about.

Like i told you before i totaly understand the way your making your game and i told you it was just not a reality i could put my mindset into, since to me its way outside the normal world and thats why i cant play it.

I do think your a pretty poor writter when you cant accept criticism and accept not everyone has to like everything you have done, the phasing is very bad at the Martha scene and it makes no sense for a new player that dosent know anything about how MC and the family evolve, it might make sense later in game but that sure as hell dosent help any player when it happens, you just cant see it because you already know how MC and the family is and the dynamic but the player simply just dosent.

• Haha
Reactions: sagerock820

johnpouljones

Oct 17, 2023
For the pet i ment it AS family, a pet can never be family its a pet ffs its an idiotic thing to even talk about.
If you think that an animal is a thing, then you are one of those bastards who treat animals in an unacceptable way. Apparently the measure of humanity is the attitude towards animals. In this case, you are not human. :mad:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
If you think that an animal is a thing, then you are one of those bastards who treat animals in an unacceptable way. Apparently the measure of humanity is the attitude towards animals. In this case, you are not human. :mad:
Oh belive me i treat my pets better then almost anyone, ive had ferrets for 20+ years and not once have they lived in a cage they run free in the house, i dont think of them as a thing and i love them AS much AS family and would do anything i can for them.

Its like people here dont know how to read, As family can be just as importen as a real family member but that dosent make them true family since thats not possible, you can love them AS family but that dosent make them family.

Like your best friend, you can say he is LIKE your brother, but not he is your brother....theres a huge diffrense.

Last edited:

TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
Like your best friend, you can say he is LIKE your brother, but not he is your brother....theres a huge diffrense.
When you say that your best friend is your brother, everybody knows that you mean "he is family to me" and not "by dictionary and legal definition, he is actually my brother". You don't have to specify "like" in that sentence, it's implied. It's a turn of phrase. It's a metaphor. No one here is saying that by calling someone family, they somehow become legally part of your family. You're overthinking it and trying to pin it to a very narrow definition that most people don't need.

My best mate is someone I've known for almost my entire life, he was best man at my wedding, we've gone on holiday together, we're a part of each other's family. Are we legally family? No. But I'm still going to call him my brother.

Reactions: Shadow74

johnpouljones

Oct 17, 2023
My best mate is someone I've known for almost my entire life, he was best man at my wedding, we've gone on holiday together, we're a part of each other's family. Are we legally family? No. But I'm still going to call him my brother.
I feel the same way. I've known my friend forever. We played together, we learned together. His wife was my girlfriend before. We attend "joint" family celebrations. Used to be at weddings, now more often at funerals. Our paths diverged. I live in a big city, he chose a quieter area. His now adult sons call me "uncle". We call each other and visit each other. Much more often than with my sister. So who is he to me?

Reactions: txe320

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
When you say that your best friend is your brother, everybody knows that you mean "he is family to me" and not "by dictionary and legal definition, he is actually my brother". You don't have to specify "like" in that sentence, it's implied. It's a turn of phrase. It's a metaphor. No one here is saying that by calling someone family, they somehow become legally part of your family. You're overthinking it and trying to pin it to a very narrow definition that most people don't need.

If you are talking about him with someone else then ofcause you need to use "like a brother" if you dont people would assume hes your real brother which would be worng.

Like you telling me, "my brother is my best man at my wedding", i would belive it was your real brother as in real family by blood, it would never be implied that hes "just" your best friend who you see as a brother.

The hole reason all of this started was because the game/dev expects you to think of everyone MC talks to as member of the family, even strangers whos just renting a dorm room and you have only known them for a few days and thats just a mindset i cant get into, the word family means alot to most people and its not just something anyone can be considered as so fast and easy, in my eyes the word family loses all its value and meaning.

sagerock820

Nov 5, 2023
But the majority of players have no issue with it. You do, which you seem to feel the need to repeat multiple times a day for a few days now. Maybe this game isn't for you.

TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
If you are talking about him with someone else then ofcause you need to use "like a brother" if you dont people would assume hes your real brother which would be worng.
I can and would call him my brother in that situation. You don't have to use "like a brother" at all, because no one is forcing you to do so. You can introduce someone as your brother, and then say he's not really my brother, but you know what I mean - and those people will indeed know what you mean.
The hole reason all of this started was because the game/dev expects you to think of everyone MC talks to as member of the family
The whole reason all of this started was because you can't grasp the concept of family being more than just blood relations. We get it, you don't understand it, it might be a language barrier getting in the way somewhere. But everyone else understands it. It's not wrong, it's just that you can't accept that sometimes family means more than the strict definition of family.

Reactions: txe320

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
I can and would call him my brother in that situation. You don't have to use "like a brother" at all, because no one is forcing you to do so. You can introduce someone as your brother, and then say he's not really my brother, but you know what I mean - and those people will indeed know what you mean.

The whole reason all of this started was because you can't grasp the concept of family being more than just blood relations. We get it, you don't understand it, it might be a language barrier getting in the way somewhere. But everyone else understands it. It's not wrong, it's just that you can't accept that sometimes family means more than the strict definition of family.
I know no one is forcing anyone to say or do anything thats not really the point.

But it dosent really make sense to me if you introduce him as your brother and then say hes not your real brother, it would have been much easiere just to say hes "like a brother" or "hes your best friend" its faster and has the same result as having to explain it after, but you can ofcause do it any way you like but the end result is still the same, you saying hes not your real brother which is the hole point with or without the word "like" you still accept that hes not family in the true meaning of the word family which is what ive been saying since the start....

I see it just fine and like 99% of every human on earth and the law....family means by blood or marriage, nothing can change that.

And its clear to see you dident understand what ive been saying, i absolutly understand that you can see someone AS being family ive never said anything else, hell i got people i consider AS family and who are just as importen as real family but that dosent make them part of my family, my familytree wont show them nor will they ever show as family in any history or documents, but that dosent mean i wouldent take a bullet for them just as family.

But in game i cant accept someone being as family when they are strangers and i dont think many people would in real life either.

• Haha
Reactions: sagerock820

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
I know no one is forcing anyone to say or do anything thats not really the point.

But it dosent really make sense to me if you introduce him as your brother and then say hes not your real brother, it would have been much easiere just to say hes "like a brother" or "hes your best friend" its faster and has the same result as having to explain it after, but you can ofcause do it any way you like but the end result is still the same, you saying hes not your real brother which is the hole point with or without the word "like" you still accept that hes not family in the true meaning of the word family which is what ive been saying since the start....

I see it just fine and like 99% of every human on earth and the law....family means by blood or marriage, nothing can change that.

And its clear to see you dident understand what ive been saying, i absolutly understand that you can see someone AS being family ive never said anything else, hell i got people i consider AS family and who are just as importen as real family but that dosent make them part of my family, my familytree wont show them nor will they ever show as family in any history or documents, but that dosent mean i wouldent take a bullet for them just as family.

But in game i cant accept someone being as family when they are strangers and i dont think many people would in real life either.
Buddy you need to let it go, you have a different point of view. Just accept that and move on.

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
Look, I'll make this simple.

There's Chosen Family (aka. Family of Choice, Found Family, or Kith and Kin) and there's Birth Family (aka. Family of Origin, or Family of Imposition). Know what both of those have in common? That's right: THEY'RE BOTH FAMILY!

It doesn't matter if you are born into a family with ten brothers and sisters, have dozens of cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and great grandparents, or you were abandoned on a doorstep and don't know any of your blood relatives. The people that you choose to care about, love, and be close to can be just as much family as the twin brother you've been with all your life.
Why? Because the only one who can define what family is for you, is you.

Trope has already stated (multiple times) that the rules of their world in My Dorm do not conform to the rules of the world we live in.
In that world, family is determined by whatever Trope says, and we can clearly see how the MC defines family.

So, enjoy your time with your best friend, who you feel closer to than any blood relative you've ever known, or spend a few minutes writing a letter to your third cousin twice removed who you've never actually met.
Be happy that, no matter how you define it, you have a family that you can give and receive the support and love we all need, in whatever form that may be.

Be well.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Y'all just put the clown on the list. He's not here for a productive discussion, he's looking to rustle jimmies and derail the thread. You're never gonna have a productive conversation with someone like that, he's just seeing how many people he can get to dogpile him before the thread gets nuked, no point giving him the satisfaction.

4.00 star(s) 116 Votes