My First Ever Renders !

7thCloud

Sep 17, 2020
First day 11/14/2020

Hello guys,
so today i decided to make my own game , it took me a few hours to understand how Daz / Lighting / Rendering and assets work and i made my first scene, i will be honest with you it wasn't easy as i tought it would be and it's very time consuming, specially in the rendering part !

i want to hear your opinions about my scene and what should i improve to make my game one of the best quality games

btw sorry about the low quality images at the windows , i forgot to add hdri before to start rendering so i used photoshop ! :D

i decided to call this scene Yoga (Pleasure your soul)

scene2.jpg

scene1.png

scene3.jpg

i will upload more renders once done !
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated 11/15/2020
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys so this my second scene i ever made !
i decided to call it A wife blackmail (four times a row)
hope you all like it and don't forget please i need your opinion's :giggle:

00.png

01.jpg

02.jpg

I think four times a row is over human male capability, but it's just a fantasy, don't mind me :)

Thank you !

Updated 11/17/2020

i was leaking from ideas so i decided to make a simple scene with a single female whore in an empty alley early morning (no sexual content, just to practice new things)

i decided to call this scene Early Morning Alley | Flirtatious Whore

So this is my third scene i ever made ! hope you all like it and don't forget please i need your opinion's :giggle:

s1.jpg

s2.png

Thank you !

Updated 11/18/2020

Hello guys,
so this will be the last scene for this week to get more time to start my game project, so after testing many lighting option's to make my scene have a good looking quality, i was stuck on the rendering part, the main problem was the time consumed to render the scene's, so i made a simple scene to test the denoiser (quick note , i know the lighting's "sucks" here but it was made real quickly just to test the denoiser), it makes the rendering incredibly fast by sacrificing some quality, example you can't zoom in ! but i think it's not that bad if it's made for a game purpose !
this scene took me only 5 minutes to render with 2000 iteration using the denoiser
lastet1.png

see ! over with that it still looks great

and the renders down below you can compare with and without the denoiser !

Without the denoiser :

lastet2.png

With the denoiser (took me 5 minutes) :

lastet2.1.png

so guys tell me what do you think !

Thank you !

Last edited:

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
Not bad!
but SDR sure has its limits
you can give the illusion that the scene is super bright but you must crush bright hightlights as you do here.

Games needs to get HDR10 support.
if you renderer with 32bit Canvases you have much more control over the lights in Photoshop
you can also save the renderers as real HDR images and set how bright the lights will be in Nits.
watch them on an HDR compatible tv in Win10 with the HDR + WCG image viewer App (from microsoft store)

your renderers here should look crazy good in HDR10 and with no crushed highlights but still bright as a real day.

• Red Heart
Reactions: 7thCloud

7thCloud

Sep 17, 2020
I love it! Don't stop working at it, you are on a good path if this is your first!
Thank you so much, i will start working on a new scene i hope you like it . it will take a few hours to make before i upload it :giggle:

Not bad!
but SDR sure has its limits
you can give the illusion that the scene is super bright but you must crush bright hightlights as you do here.

Games needs to get HDR10 support.
if you renderer with 32bit Canvases you have much more control over the lights in Photoshop
you can also save the renderers as real HDR images and set how bright the lights will be in Nits.
watch them on an HDR compatible tv in Win10 with the HDR + WCG image viewer App (from microsoft store)

your renderers here should look crazy good in HDR10 and with no crushed highlights but still bright as a real day.
i didn't even know different HDR's exist , i tough it was all the same i guess i have more things to learn, i will search more about this, thank you for your suggestion it will help me so much ! :D

Last edited:

Dark Naughtylus

Woohooo!
Game Developer
May 28, 2017
You're doing great so far. My only advice is that you could try adjusting the lighting to make it look more natural. Right now from my point of view, it looks like they having fun in the Sahara desert. But overall everything else looks nice.

• Red Heart

7thCloud

Sep 17, 2020
You're doing great so far. My only advice is that you could try adjusting the lighting to make it look more natural. Right now from my point of view, it looks like they having fun in the Sahara desert. But overall everything else looks nice.
you're right i didn't even noticed, i will work more on the lighting because it makes the difference between a good and a bad scene, overall thank you for comment, it will help me so much to get to the next level !

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
i didn't even know different HDR's exist , i tough it was all the same i guess i have more things to learn, i will search more about this, thank you for your suggestion it will help me so much ! :D
its SDR and HDR
all content today here is in SDR (Standard Dynamic Range)
to get the real wow factor you can watch renderers in HDR (High Dynamic Range) on an HDR capable tv.

If you have an HDR10 capable tv Win10 latest build and a newer GPU i can give you some examples how it looks.

HDR10 information here

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
And to get smoother bodys that looks better when bending (first pic from your new update and the Hip area looks scary ;)) you can add an "smoothing modifier" to the figure
Edit/Figure/Geometry

you can increase smoothing iterations but you need select "show hidden properties" and adjust the lock distance and other stuff.
otherwise the face will transform to the default G8 female

with the right settings your model can then bend in every position without body parts that looks off.

Learn from the best ;)
And now what.jpg
Pool8 4K.png

Reactions: GrayTShirt

7thCloud

Sep 17, 2020
its SDR and HDR
all content today here is in SDR (Standard Dynamic Range)
to get the real wow factor you can watch renderers in HDR (High Dynamic Range) on an HDR capable tv.

If you have an HDR10 capable tv Win10 latest build and a newer GPU i can give you some examples how it looks.

HDR10 information here
i see, if i use HDR will it take more time to render, it already take me 2:37 hours per render, GPU : RTX 2080

And to get smoother bodys that looks better when bending (first pic from your new update and the Hip area looks scary ;)) you can add an "smoothing modifier" to the figure
Edit/Figure/Geometry

you can increase smoothing iterations but you need select "show hidden properties" and adjust the lock distance and other stuff.
otherwise the face will transform to the default G8 female

with the right settings your model can then bend in every position without body parts that looks off.

Learn from the best ;)
View attachment 901221
View attachment 901224
at first I didn't know what to do to the face. i know it looked off but i was lazy to search how to fix it, i will test smoothing iterations in my next renders and see how it turns out.
Thank you so much for your answers !

Nice renders, question any specific tutorials you followed to learn how to make scenes like that ?
Thank you, to answer your question, i've downloaded some tutorials here on F95 that explains how shadows / iray / lighting works, those are the most important part that make a difference in your renders quality, the rest was from YouTube, i will post some tutorials later0

1605512760538.png

Reactions: kamimed

kamimed

Dec 29, 2019
Thank you, to answer your question, i've downloaded some tutorials here on F95 that explains how shadows / iray / lighting works, those are the most important part that make a difference in your renders quality, the rest was from YouTube, i will post some tutorials later0

View attachment 901905
From your screenshot I could find this links:

https://f95zone.to/threads/create-a-realistic-portrait-in-daz-studio-videos.22733/
https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-light-interiors-like-a-pro-video-tutorial.40061/
https://f95zone.to/threads/iray-shadow-master-video-tutorial.53657/
https://f95zone.to/threads/iray-turbo-x2-10-speed-tutorial-videos.23150/
https://f95zone.to/threads/dreamlight-free-outdoor-lights-sunlight-mastery-videos.45885/

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
i see, if i use HDR will it take more time to render, it already take me 2:37 hours per render, GPU : RTX 2080
RTX2080 here also
Yes Canvases takes more time because it renderer in windows.
one for every lightsource.

Smoothing modifier will not fix that face.
infact you dont want smoothing modifier to mess with the face.
i dont know whats wrong with it or what you have done.

check "shaping" settings if you changed something out if its limits

• Red Heart

7thCloud

Sep 17, 2020
hey, sorry for the late reply, i made many scene's yesterday and i liked none of them, i ended up by deleting everything and starting all over again for the fifth time, that's why i had no time to answer any question !
my next idea is a Flirtatious whore.
Still need to put the Camera's in the right place's before to start rendering render ^^
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and about your question yes those are what i used to learn how lighting and shadows works, the rest are just some basics of how to use daz3d .

7thCloud

Sep 17, 2020
check "shaping" settings if you changed something out if its limits
yup the solution was sharping, thank you for your help :D !
i got one more question , i heard that the denoiser help to speed up the rendering process, in your opinion how much iterations i need to get a fast render without impacting too much the quality ?

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
yup the solution was sharping, thank you for your help :D !
i got one more question , i heard that the denoiser help to speed up the rendering process, in your opinion how much iterations i need to get a fast render without impacting too much the quality ?
i dont know never used them
my renderers takes from 3 hours to 10 hours depending on what quality i want.
lets say that i hate grain ;)

hor many iray iterations is needed also depends on the lighting used.
the more lights the longer it takes.
The fastest renderers are those from one single HDRi light.

second fastest is ghost lights.
make an new primitive/plane
make it emissive (change emissive color under surfaces from black to white)
set cutout opacity to 0.0001 and you got one ghost light.

ghost lights gives soft light but are bad in rendering reflections and highlights.
use them as fill lights.

one example of ghost light here
the lantern is from Iray ghost light kit and the light behind is just one emissive ghost light plane
ghost light.jpg

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
checking the update i must say that you have an eye for lighting.
really nice lighting there!
some people are scared to use any light at all. (just check the Daz 3D show us your skillzz thread)
characters on such renderers looks flat and dull
with good lighting characters comes to life and you are also increasing contrast and 3d depth.

7thCloud

Sep 17, 2020
i dont know never used them
my renderers takes from 3 hours to 10 hours depending on what quality i want.
lets say that i hate grain ;)
3 hours to 10 hours !!! i need stop complaining o_O

second fastest is ghost lights.
make an new primitive/plane
make it emissive (change emissive color under surfaces from black to white)
set cutout opacity to 0.0001 and you got one ghost light.

ghost lights gives soft light but are bad in rendering reflections and highlights.
use them as fill lights.

one example of ghost light here
the lantern is from Iray ghost light kit and the light behind is just one emissive ghost light plane
View attachment 905051

never heard of ghost lights, i will test them out and see how it turns out.
thank you for the info !

checking the update i must say that you have an eye for lighting.
really nice lighting there!
some people are scared to use any light at all. (just check the Daz 3D show us your skillzz thread)
characters on such renderers looks flat and dull
with good lighting characters comes to life and you are also increasing contrast and 3d depth.
Thank you, it's true lighting is what makes these characters alive, i heard that from a game dev long time ago, that's why when i've decided to learn how to use daz for any future game , i specially focused on how lightings and shadows work !
i will also go take a look at Daz 3D show us your skillzz thread maybe i can learn new stuff ^^

and i specially made the last render for my desktop wallpaper :giggle:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
It looks great, I especially love your wallpaper one! I'm pretty new at Daz too and still figuring out lighting and shadows, I think you should keep going! :)

• Red Heart