My first Renders

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Lighting seems pretty decent, though part of me wonders how much of it is from the scene/lighting set. The bluish moonlight seems a bit artificial, but passable as you don't want the render too dark. I'm not quite sure what's going on with the second render, though? That looks like some sort of cloudy HDRI? While it doesn't look bad, it just really sticks out when the rest of the lighting is so subtle and immediately brings the eyes to it. A depth-of-field blur would've hidden it some, or even moving the up and pointing down at about a 45-degree angle from the left side would've gotten rid of it almost entirely.

The renders are good, and clear, but their biggest problem lies in using hyper-stylized figures with a realistic male character. I'm not sure if it was a resources thing, an aesthetic choice, or if there's a story behind it (maybe characters from another game universe? I could be missing references here, but they don't look familiar.), but the hair specifically stands out. Otherwise, it's definitely a good start, especially for your first few renders.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Lighting seems pretty decent, though part of me wonders how much of it is from the scene/lighting set. The bluish moonlight seems a bit artificial, but passable as you don't want the render too dark. I'm not quite sure what's going on with the second render, though? That looks like some sort of cloudy HDRI? While it doesn't look bad, it just really sticks out when the rest of the lighting is so subtle and immediately brings the eyes to it. A depth-of-field blur would've hidden it some, or even moving the up and pointing down at about a 45-degree angle from the left side would've gotten rid of it almost entirely.

The renders are good, and clear, but their biggest problem lies in using hyper-stylized figures with a realistic male character. I'm not sure if it was a resources thing, an aesthetic choice, or if there's a story behind it (maybe characters from another game universe? I could be missing references here, but they don't look familiar.), but the hair specifically stands out. Otherwise, it's definitely a good start, especially for your first few renders.
That are premade KDA league of legends characters, they come like this. ;)

Reactions: MissFortune

schnitzel69

Nov 12, 2017

Wow, thanks! I will try to work with lighting. It was an HDRI. And yes the figures are not fitting but I wanted to try them because I'm familiar with them.