My h-game plot, feel free to critique

umbreon2020

Jul 26, 2019
Note: The story isn't supposed to be anything crazy because I want to be able to draw a large variety of women and that takes priority

So, I want to make my game about stories. Basically, when a story is made in the human world it's made in intro reality in the world of stories (going to call it Grimmland) which is where the game takes place in. The game will have characters like Merlin (Meryn), and King Arthur (Queen Aretha) etc. The world will be divided into different districts, so you'll have the Medieval district and the SIFI district etc.

The plot is that the real world has gotten too horny making the succubus in Grimland to powerful and they infect the land and its up the MC to save it.

Is this a good set up for a story? (Remember I want to draw a lot of types of girls).

Also I'm kinda torn between doing this or doing a time travel story where you go through historical setting like the Roman era, dark age, Muslim golden age Era, pirates, far future sifi etc.

Last edited:

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
I don't see the correlation between stories crated by humans becoming reality in a different dimension, and the world being to horny making the succubus in that dimension to strong. Do horny people just write a lot of stories about succubusses or something? Seems like something is missing linking the two together.

It's not a bad setting to start with if you want to have a lot of different settings and woman, but it needs to be clearer.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Any plot can be good if you work it properly.

That being said, I'd advise you to maybe elaborate a bit more, because there's not much to judge this by.

Things like, who is the main character, where does that person comes from, how do you introduce them, what is the elements that triggers the complications of the story, how are the succubi threatening grimmland, what must MC do to save grimmland, what are the obstacles he faces, who are his allies, who are his enemies, etc.

You dont need to answer everything, just, I think you need more substance to your story before you can call this a plot.

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
If you want inspiration for how books/stories can create worlds and how those worlds affect the real world... read Jasper Ffordes excellent Thursday Next series. Beginning with The Eyre Affair. This should give your a metric ton of inspiration to spice up your basic premise.

If I wrote the game (of course I don't ;)) I would add an option to convert the Succubus. Simple plot about killing/destroying the evi lSuccubus sounds boring to me (likewise succumbing to her charms and choosing an evil route). If you want to get some inspiration for a Succubus trying to abandon her ways and to get released from her contract in hell... read the rather sweet Succubus Blues series by Richelle Mead in which a Succubus tries to get rid of her job and a human male falls in love with her. But they can't be intimate really as long as she's a Succubus because it can literally kill him if it's too much. So they have to be very, very careful.

In general I would recommend you try to read as many books (or try to find movies/series) that are about the same thing that you want to write about so you can get some inspiration.

Alt-0069

Aug 27, 2017
I don't understand why you would change the name of historical and fictive characters.
In the Fate serie King Arthur is a woman that hide en real gender but she's still King Arthur - Arthoria

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
umbreon2020

I don't want to rain on your parade, but you don't have a plot - you have an idea.

And the difference between an idea and a plot is the same as the one between a schematic and a finished car/plane/house.

If you're serious about making your game, I'd suggest you write a design doc. You can google how to do this.

Your idea actually sounds interesting, and it'd be cool seeing it in action - keep us posted as you make progress! ;) (y)