My Own Ren'py Game

Itachi-Uchiha

Jul 21, 2018
Hey guys, I will try to do my own Ren'py game, I just downloaded the program and read a bit threw the tutorial, my question about this now is, how do the Game developer Create the Characters and backgrounds or animations? I didnt found anything about this in the tutorial.

U

User_920791

Use , , or .

Reactions: Itachi-Uchiha

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
go to development,there is also help in the discussion section-go to forums and look down list:)

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
Sorry to say this, but if you think that you can create the characters and backgrounds in Ren'py itself, then you are in for a rude awakening. You will need to create the characters outside of Ren'py, with programs like Blender, Poser, Daz Studio or something similar, OR pay an artist to draw characters for you. The backgrounds are made in the same way.

Ren'py simply gathers everything and puts it together into a single program, so that it becomes an actual game. Think of a game, as 2 pieces of fabric. One piece of fabric is visuals (characters and backgrounds) and the other is story/text. Ren'py would be the string that is used to stitch them together into a single unit, but you need to have the 2 pieces of fabric already there.