Seeking My own search for a text based life sim type game.

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
So, I've been scouring the internet for quite awhile trying to find something that really captivates me and just struggling to find anything that can fill that bill. Kinda hoping someone may know of some hidden gem out there. Mostly looking for text based options and pictures of some kind are definitely a bonus, I don't care much if it's just text.

For starters, I'm currently looking primarily for a game with a female protagonist, either naturally or through transformation is fine. I also would prefer themes that include as many of the following as possible, if not all. Corruption, BDSM elements, submission, humiliation, degradation, blackmail, substance abuse, body modification, pregnancy, incest, prostitution, and just generally falling into a life of depravity, primarily through some kind of coercion or force to get the ball rolling.

I've played a lot of good games that have come close for me, but all seem to have something that keeps it from being what I'm really looking for. To help get a better idea and to try to not waste anyone's time with suggestions I've already tried.

Girl life is perhaps the closest I've come to what I want, albeit a bit grindy and mostly shallow paths. There's a hell of a lot to do, but you can only go so far down each of those paths until you run out of content and just need to try different things. If it was a little less grindy and had more of a long term goal to progress through then it would be just about perfect.

Newlife was also interesting but it feels a bit repetitive and most new content seems to be locked behind specific traits and the sex scenes themselves became a bit tedious to progress through.

Lifeplay looks like it'll be amazing given enough time and already seems to have quite a lot of options, but it's clear that it still needs a bit of work to get there. It's one I'm looking forward to in the future though.

Strive for power, lillith's throne, and TITS all look good in their own ways, but each time I try them I feel like I run into something that isn't ready yet which makes me feel like I need to give them more time for their content to catch up.

Adam and Gaia while not being a female protagonist has still been fun and I'm mostly waiting for the big Elven update to give it another run.

Concubine was ok, good writing and everything but wasn't nearly as dark as I was hoping for and didn't feel like the choices mattered much.

Free cities was pretty cool, but a bit on the tedious side of things at times. Really more of a "game" than I'm looking for.

GGGB is my favorite of the VNs, but I'm all caught up with the current content and would prefer something a little more life simmy.

Katie's corruption started good, but kind of got away from itself and obviously he quit developing it further anyway.

Trapquest is another great one. Again a bit more of a "game" than I think I really want right now, and I also know they're busy trying to clean up their code a bit so it'll be awhile before they come out with all that much new content.

Academy of fetishes looks fun but I'd rather not have the PC be in a position of authority which kinda goes for HHS+ as well.

CoC and all of those offshoots all look promising, but seem to be complicated to get running and from what I've read they aren't really complete either.

Skyrim is the last thing I'll mention here, because it feels like that may be my best real option. I just remember how much time and effort it takes to get 100+ mods installed so that it becomes the game I want it to be, and I know there's going to be a struggle to figure out how to get a lot of them to play nice with the updated 64 version of the game.

So yeah, I have a very specific idea of what I want, and a lot of options that come close but nothing that's really truly doing it for me. I'd love it if anyone had any older text based games that are pretty much complete that satisfy at least part of what I've mentioned above. I truthfully don't have very high expectations of actually finding anything simply because it just may not exist, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised by something I didn't know about before. lol.

Reactions: AyToZed

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
There's a QSP game called , if you want to give that a try. Though it only hits on some of the fetishes you wanted.

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
Haha, no obviously. It's just in the absence of anything that actually fits the bill, a heavily modded skyrim is the closest thing to actually fit most of the things I want. It just takes so much effort to get it running in the first place. :/

And Rubedo, hmmmm. Hadn't seen it before. I'll give it a look. :)

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
Haha, no obviously. It's just in the absence of anything that actually fits the bill, a heavily modded skyrim is the closest thing to actually fit most of the things I want. It just takes so much effort to get it running in the first place. :/

And Rubedo, hmmmm. Hadn't seen it before. I'll give it a look. :)
Rubedo has the same base as Girl Life, but it's just the start. The real meat of the game is in the fantasy world. It also has a tie-in with another qsp game, Destiny if you want to play that first, then import the character ( not sure on details how, prob end game save.)

In a similar vein is school life, another qsp game where you make your own school and play as anyone in it, student or teacher.

Now, there's this game, RPGM, and maybe a sequel... Text only, but a lot of depravity.. Unfortunately I only read about it and don't remember the details, so if you want to look for it, please do.
I think it's named and is about a countess and her noble's life in a peeverted medieval type of society.
It might be linear, I don't know, but there is a lot to do/read.

If it doesn't sound familiar and isn't on this site, you might find it in one of the pastebins in the aco, weg, hhg, slg and std on the 4chan boards.