Recommending My Personal Recommended Games List

Perished

Dec 9, 2022
Hello, everyone! During my unemployment of a couple of months, I've dived into AVN games and played and experienced numerous high-rated ones. As a newcomer I think this list can be helpful for people who seek games to play. My criteria were that they have to be memorable and at least be average in certain fields (adult, visual and novel). I only included games which are deemed as complete or in active development. So these will offer a decent play. I will not be reviewing each entry extensively but give you an idea. The number ranking acts as a recommended play order (vaguely from the best to the least good.). I will update this once I play more.

Note: This list is an issue of personal opinion and taste. I’m not that kinky if not for the story and the plot. I am personally not into anime-manga style visuals but feel free to recommend good games that are missing in this list in comments.
  • Being a DIK(Dr. Pinkcake) – In Development
    • Genre: College Drama
    • Visuals: 3DCG
BADIK is the most popular and most obvious in this list. It does everything you expect from an AVN well. DPC is a creator which is closest to an AA developer in sector. Lots of extra content like minigames and render hunts. Just play and see.
  • City of Broken Dreamers(PhillyGames) – In Development
    • Genre: Cyberpunk
If you are into cyberpunk-scifi then you should definitely play this, story and characters are not that mindboggling but overall atmosphere reels you in well. If not then I think it is a good play again, regardless of the theme, it does expected certain aspects well.
  • Chasing Sunsets(StoneFoxStudios) – In Development
    • Genre: Adult Drama
This one is pure adult, but not in just a sexual way. It is a well written visualized novella which you can pick up from a bookstore. Not so many girls but sometimes less is more. It is all about the relationship dynamic developing together with the plot.
  • Eternum(Caribdis) – In Development
    • Genre: High School Teen Drama / Sci-fi
    • Visuals: 3DCG (Honey Select)
Caribdis is another creator who is reputable for his good work. He made me love Honey Select visuals even if I was a little turned off by it by then. This game is harem building embedded into a Ready Player One style Sci-fi story. There are thrilling and humoring segments also.
  • Desert Stalker(Zetan) – In Development
    • Genre: Postapocalyptic Adventure
This one has Mad Max and Fallout universe crossover offshoot in Egypt setting. Expect a lot of gore and kinky stuff. There are multiple plot threads going on combined with freeroam and house management gameplay. I like it, a must play.
  • Artemis (digi.B) - In Development
    • Genre: Adult Drama/Sci-Fi
This game is golden. Definitely worth a play, but Sci-Fi tag is a bit of an exaggeration. Expect a Black Mirror-esque or A.I. movie type of Sci-Fi set in near future. The game is currently more about friendships, betrayals and psychological scars. More centered around MC than the overall plot.
  • Leap of Faith(DriftyGames) – Completed
    • Genre: Adult Drama/Tragedy
Leap of Faith has a longshot plot but good relationship dynamics and large variety of love interests to do multiple playthroughs. You will experience multitude of emotions while playing this.
  • Acting Lessons(Dr. Pinkcake) – Completed
    • Genre: Adult Drama/Tragedy
An earlier work of DPC. A quality game with narrower scope and play time. An emotional rollercoaster. You can play this before BADIK if you like to see how DPC improved over time.
  • Mist(395games) – Completed
    • Genre: Postapocalyptic Fantasy
    • Visuals: 2.5DCG (cartoony)
This one has a survival and turn based combat mechanic too. You build up your harem as the sole male survivor to defeat a supernatural force of evil. The strongest suit is 3D animations. You can play it for the animations even the world doesn’t reel you in.
  • Defending Lydia Collier (WhitePhantomGames) – In Development
    • Genre: Adult Drama/Crime
You play as a lawyer running a law office in UK, trying to acquit your client from a mysterious disappearance/alleged murder. I can say this is pure adult also. Kinks and character paths are numerous. Lots of branching and reason to play again. A polished game ready to be enjoyed.
  • Timestampsseries (Motkeyz) – In Development
    • Genre: Teen Drama/Sci-fi-Time Travel Paradox
Developed in Unity, plays a bit different. First entry: Unconditional Love is completed but its sequel Lost Love is in development still. The plot is like Netflix series: “Dark”. The tone is goofy and humorous constantly. If you are not irritated by it, a fun play.
  • Treasure of Nadia(NLT) – Completed
    • Genre: Treasure Hunt Adventure
    • Visuals: 2.5DCG
This may be the only RPGM game in this list because I don’t enjoy navigation and grinding that much which is present in many RPGM games. Despite that ToN is an excellent game. The 3D animations are top notch. The tiki theme, occult overtones and sexuality embedded very well with a goofy MC and harem building. Additionaly, a lot of puzzles are present to redirect bloodflow to your brain. Getting 100% is rewarding.
  • Once in a Lifetime(Caribdis) – Completed
    • Genre: High School Teen Drama / Mystery
You can play this first to see how Caribdis improved. This one is inferior to Eternum but a good game nonetheless. It has a similar recipe so if you enjoy Eternum you will probably enjoy this one.
  • Pale Carnations(Mutt&Jeff) – In Development
    • Genre: Erotica
It has hell of a different plot. Overall a very original game. I should have put it in top 5 but it is way too kinky may be not for everyone. In spite of all the kinky stuff, even if you are not into it, you should definitely play it. It is just spice main course is the plot and I was here for the main course.
  • Long Live the Princess(Belle) – Completed
    • Genre: Medieval Fantasy/Mystery
A fine crafted medieval themed game. You discover secrets and expose lies to mindcontrol people to advance the plot. It is a decent mixture of everything.
  • Intertwined(Nyx) – In Development
    • Genre: Teen Drama
This game is developed by a woman. The name speaks for itself. Everything and every relationship in that small town is a mess, left for you to disentangle. An ambitious project really, you should definitely check it out.
  • Where the Heart Is (CheekyGimp) – In Development
    • Genre: Dating Sim
Another ambitious project. It is very long, feels like a marathon playing this. Has loveable characters. Sometimes a sitcom, sometimes an intriguing drama. You should definitely try it.
  • Callisto(Xavster) – Completed
    • Genre: Space Opera
If you love Mass Effect/Star Trek, you will definitely enjoy this. The ship crew is your quasi harem and you are then ex-naval officer, now freelancer freighter captain doing quests. It feels unique when you play.
  • Where It All Began & Summer’s Gone(OceanLab) – In Development
    • Genre: Mixed
    • Visuals: 3DCG+
Well these two are developed together simultaneously and set in the same universe, they are beyond visual novels, they feel like movies. If you like to look at beauties then this is your game. Other aspects are promising. Play and see for yourself.

Honorable Mentions (worth checking out): University of Problems, Projekt Passion, Betrayed, Photo Hunt, A Man for All, Come Home, Mythos, The Night Driver, What a Legend, FreshWomen, Nothing is Forever, Now&Then, Race of Life, Parasite Black, Summer Heat

Last edited:

chuangshiren

Aug 4, 2018
Saw the topic. Got intrigued. Clicked in. Found out I've played every single one in this list.

All renowned titles. No hidden gem here. But thanks anyway.

Perished

Dec 9, 2022
Saw the topic. Got intrigued. Clicked in. Found out I've played every single one in this list.

All renowned titles. No hidden gem here. But thanks anyway.
Yeah I am a newbie myself too, this was aimed at newcomers to AVN generally. I struggled a bit to find games fitting my tastes. Wanted to create a post for others. All seasoned players would have played these games for sure. Sorry to disappoint.