My question what is best tool create a game

Space_Cow99

Jul 26, 2019
If your no good people art, and events and your writing is okay, What game creation devices are good for beginner?

I was thinking HTML, but then I see HTML for people who prefer to write and add snap shots of art here and there.
RPG maker for people who like something paint picture.
While Ren'py is good, just video/picture clip and I seen some really nice ones but none of them really spin me much information wise.
If anyone says I should look at twine I am so not going there. I used twine and found tutorials beyond my level. I found also you have to know code, script and sugarcube and I kind failed somewhere when I shouldn't have.

What I have in my arsenal is:
RPGmaker vx + Rpgmaker Mv
Ren'py
(I do have art skills) In landscape and objects.
If I were to do people I have hope and pray its not intimate genitals because it take me time only do it at night. (*don't ask me why at Night, during day my mother makes life difficult and I am woman and I should be able to survive her remarks but I were draw and make art penises I pretty sure I be ridiculed. That includes why WiFi upload speeds suck.)

Sound effects I realize I have find somewhere get some free.

Currently like playing are Some Ren'py games and Rpgmaker games. I do like playing HTML games but I feel I could create my own but it would take long long time. (when I find WIFI that is better)

D

Deleted member 3145675

Hi,
I am not an expert of game engines - my only creative advice since you admit to being a novice too would be:

- keep it simple
- since it would be your first game - focus on writing a good story
- look at your project as creating a "proof of concept" (try to deliver a complete version of your product - even if it is a short one)
- before trying to learn new things - try to master your current abilities.
- define a step by step progress chart (i.e. writing - art - code)

- don't let it wreck your (real) life ;)

have fun and GL

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
Can't say much for html because I never bothered learning it myself though I don't think it would be too difficult based on other markup languages that I know. For ren'py vs rpgm it really depends on what style of game you want to make. If you want to make a visual novel then ren'py is the way to go. If you want to make an RPG then rpgm would be better. Of course it's completely possible to make either style of game in either engine, that's just what they specialize in. From a coding perspective rpgm is far easier than ren'py but afaik ren'py is more portable than rpgm.

For my personal preference as a player I always liked ren'py games better than rpgm, even for rpg style games but it really depends on how the game is built and some just wouldn't be as enjoyable if they weren't in rpgm.