My Rather Late Intro

Man In Moon

Sep 27, 2017
Good evening all. After being a member of this site for some time (and admittedly a bit of lurking about) It suddenly occurred to me that I hadn't introduced myself. So, I'm going to correct this oversite. My Name is Manny, and I'm the Man in the Moon. And If your thinking I'm a ROTG fan, you're correct. I'm an amateur historian, and I love learning about Real history from around the world. Real was capitalized because I mean "real history" and not the watered down, politically correct stupidity that infects academia today. So if intellectual discussions about real knowledge and verifiable historical facts offend you, you'll likely not care for me much. I'm mainly into Military, Maritime, and Blacksmithing History from medieval to modern. However, my real passion is being an Editor. I'm good at what I do, and I'm looking to become a professional editor at some point in the future. I started proofreading fanfics for friends during lunch when I started back in 08. That grew into beta writing for more than a few fanfiction writers. Now I read 1000+ words a minute. (Not bragging and not making it up. Yes, my family thinks I'm odd.) And by that, I mean that I'm actually reading the words, not picking letters in that speed reading nonsense. Though seeing as how if I let this train of thought continue I'll likely start monologuing, I'll end my introduction here. I hope yall have a pleasant day.