VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - My Sugar Time P1 [0.5.5] [VANIREN]

1. 3.00 star(s)

chainedpanda

This game isn't for me, but I can safely say that it gets a bit of a bad rep. The game is a sexfest, there is no two ways about it. While there is somewhat of a story in place, it doesn't seem like the focus in anyway.

There are plenty of sex-scenes in the game. Some are actually pretty good and surprisingly, the animations aren't half bad either! In addition, if you enjoy HS models, they are also above average IMO.

With that said, the game isn't perfect. There are some bugs here or there, especially with dialogue. There are plenty of instances when the wrong name appears for the dialogue. While this can be annoying, I don't think it's certain death for this game as for the most part, it's easy enough to figure out who's speaking.

As for the translation, it honestly isn't that bad. Certainly, there are plenty of grammatical errors, but it's far from unreadable. I can assume that they were improved over time, and will possibly further improve going forward.

The final thing I want to talk about is the enhanced intro. It's actually much better than the base game. Especially when considering the translation quality and flow of the overall plot. It's just a bit unfortunate how it flows into the base game and the dialogue problem is non-existent or infrequent from what I recall.
    While both save into the same folder, the base game can't load those saves. That said, despite its name suggesting otherwise, you will have to play the enhanced intro, as the original intro was stripped from the base game.

Overall, not a terrible game! If the main game receives the same polish as the enhanced intro, I could see this being a solid mid-tier game. Right now, it isn't the best, but isn't nearly as bad as some comments and other reviews claim it to be.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Jnx

I usually don't review VNs this early, but I know what I'm gonna get from this. Long story short, it's a quick fap and nothing more. 90% of the women have the same body type, and the only thing that makes them any different from each other is how tired someone is. The translation is one of the worst on this site and it's hard to pick apart the story when I can barely understand what anyone is saying. But I'm gonna do my best. And since it needs to be said every time, in big bold letters.

IF YOU ARE TRYING TO MARKET A GAME TO ANOTHER LANGUAGE, THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT HAVE A TRANSLATOR, PROOFREADER AND/OR EDITOR THAT NATIVELY SPEAKS THAT LANGUAGE.

The story. From what I can tell, MC's parents died or were killed, they didn't love each other but loved MC, I think(?). Honestly I don't know, his mother got pregnant and his parents were anti abortion but his grandparents wanted her to get one. I know nothing about the circumstances and it just leaves too much room for weird holes in the plot. They even had loves and only had daughters for MC to make sex at. Which isn't censored in anyway and incest is not a thing that does it for me... Anyway, after MC's parents die, his mother's friend takes him in and raises him. He wants to pay her back and to get the money he becomes a males prostitute. And from there, there's really nothing. It's just half-assed story beats to tie in the next sex scene.

Now I'm gonna skip my usual character breakdown because it's actually ridiculous how many women are in this, and since Dev didn't color code any of the women's names I don't know who's who most of the time. If there is more than one woman on screen, good luck knowing who's talking. And there's even twins with names that have ONE LETTER difference between them. And the ellipses... Get used..... To... Reading lines.... Like this...... And the spacing between the periods is inconsistent so it's unpleasant to look at. They end up looking like morse code. And some of the sex scenes happen for the dumbest reasons. One girl literally gives MC a blowjob for Genshin skins, are you kidding me? And the title cards are so overused, there's a sex scene that has at least 4 title cards that interrupt it. I don't need to see the two girls MC is having sex with, posing naked. They're already in the most sexually charged positions I could possibly see them in.

This also uses the default RenPy UI, which is an instant removal of a star from me, sorry not sorry. And they try to do these idle animations, but they're only three frames long and the camera moves every frame so it just looks a little broken. Also when MC is talking to Sarah in his house I'm assuming one of the images is missing or broken because I got an error that I had to ignore and quickly pass some dialogue. Something to look for.

To the Dev: I can see points where there is effort, but it all needs to be consistent. The UI can be personalized simply by changing fonts, there's literally thousands of free ones, and a few pictures for the choices. Just a little effort goes a long way. Color code the women's names, it's easy to do most text editors have a hexcode picker so you can at least match their hair colors. And the translation, if you aren't willing to pay an editor/translator/proofreader to make your game readable, why would anyone pay to play something like this? If all of these points are addressed or even fixed, I'll gladly change my rating, but until then it's one star from me.

TLDR - Awful translation fap fest. One note characters and disjointed storytelling.