RPGM - Abandoned - Mystical Island [v0.5] [Zekoslava Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1514239

A perfect example of why so many people hate RPGM games (I happen to prefer RPGM, so that may be why I'm particularly annoyed by this game - it has all of the bad elements of RPGM without any of the good).
    • You spend a lot of time running around clicking on things without any clue as to why.
    • Dev does not use the "quest" function of RPGM, but gives inexact clues using a few different ways. You are then left to figure out the game mechanics as to how to follow-up on those clues.
    • Sometimes you get clues. Sometimes you don't. So a lot of pointless trial and error to progress the game.
    • The only challenge to the game is the game mechanics. I found at least 5 different ways to interact with objects . . . so you waste a lot of time just figuring out how to play the game. This doesn't seem to be an intentional way to make the game more entertaining - it is a complete failure in the design and implementation of the game mechanics.
    • There are several ways you can get unintentional game-overs. For example, you need to fish to find a foil to build a raft in order to continue the game. But you must make a fishing rod in order to fish, but you also need vines to make fishing rods. The RNG to "catch" the foil may burn through all of your vines (and the available vines on the island) before you catch a foil. If you roll unlucky RNG enough times, it is game over for you. Once you build the raft, it is also possible to "land" the raft where you can't get back to it (i.e. on the cusp between changing screens). If you inadvertently do that, then game over.
    • There is no consistency in how you complete tasks. In one scene, you're supposed to pack your suitcase. To do that you have to run around a house finding items to pack. Why? Um. . . no reason . . . just further RPGM abuse. Then, once you're done running around, it says you should pack your dildo. So you run around some more trying to find the dildo. Oh. Wait. You don't have to find that. You magically already had that, so it is a separate sequence to pack the dildo. More wasted time. More pointless, inconsistent game mechanics.
    • In some instances you can't kill the monsters - so you can either start the game over and select "don't include monsters" (which means you won't get the, admittedly lame, sex scenes) or you can try to Escape the encounter to end the infinite loop.
    • Animations look like they're from the 1990s.
    • Minimal sex scenes, and what are there are unappealing.
    • I played v0.5 and I may or may not have gotten to the end. Instructions were to do something, but since the mechanics seem to change every 2 or 3 steps, after trying a few things to progress the game I gave up.

TL;DR -- Everything wrong about an RPGM game, without little to no reward.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Mr Technician

Its so hot and it seems like a very sunny day today on the beach. Wait, but this is strange. Something is not right here. There is no nearby bar, and nobody else at the beach, just you... Do you panic or keep calm and start to think how to get out of this.
    Your instict tells you that there wont be any taxi passing by which will get you home. And where is your home, and who are you?
    And you starting to feel that you realy hate your dress for all of that... You just react, finding that you teared it already apart for some ropes - that will be usefull - somehow you just know it. Brace yourself!
    Survival skills, grinding resources, crafting, exploring world. That is what you must to do.
    And also - from far away in the middle of this island you see some more denser flora, trees.
    Some strange noises sometimes come to your ear from that direction. Nah, it must be the wind. But if not... Maybe better prepare yourself.