Ren'Py - Mythic Manor [v0.21] [Jikei]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Sadsapling

Pretty good, I'd say that this is a feel-good game with the overshadowing plot of "mythics" or monster/magic people struggling to keep their identities secret while functioning from day-to-day society. Your MC is one of them, and ends up living in a mansion with his mother's friend, who also lives with 4 other mythics.

The story is just serviceable and there to really be a backdrop to each of the girls' stories with you. There is no "main" story really. Besides meeting together on Sunday and hanging out with everyone in the house - that's pretty much it. Don't look for crazy interesting plot, but I thought the dev did a good job.

The girls' stories are pretty interesting. Now, there are 6 main girls and alot of side girls that are pretty much just one-off events or their own tiny sub story when you meet them in the town. Going through most of the main girls - I think for me: Nefari > Velle > Naira > Jade > Fanora > Esther (Most interesting to least). Nefari's story is the most intriguing because her research dives into alot of different mythics stuff and helps with the worldbuilding in general. Velle's is nice because she's alot more than what you expect her to be. Naira's is alright because she's trying to come to grasp with her mythic side. Jade's is cute because she wants to make something of herself. I think Fanora's was a little dull and Esther's was just like...there. Fanora's story is very similar to Naira's, but I think Naira had a more endearing character and I'm biased because of her looks. Esther is just added because we needed a MILF who was your mom's friend, but Velle is similarly a MILF but has more depth to her.

The H-scenes are pretty nice. I think the renders feel a little dated if you've played other games, but it doesn't really matter. They get the job done and convey the story pretty well. There's sound for the H-scenes, which I always appreciate.

The main gameplay loop is can get a LITTLE tiring. I don't think anyone wants to play this game in a single sitting. It takes a while to go through everyone's stories and even finding out where to go and what to do via the hints the dev gives can be a little confusing and irritating. I suggest playing it incrementally to prevent too much burn out, but if you've ever played any game that forces you to grind for H-scenes on this site, you'll be fine. It's streamlined CG hunting that's actually even better, because you can run into other girls and progress other routes while you're focusing on a different one.

Overall, it's like 4/5 for me. Renders are a little dated. Some of the main girls don't really hold a candle to each other. I think the gameplay can be a tad annoying to find stuff at times, but it's not irredeemable. If anything, I'll come back always for Nefari, because the dev managed to find a way to make a girl hot without being a giga horny, mega size-tits MILF.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Bananas1587

"Mythic Manor" is a game that impresses both in terms of plot and graphics. The story is excellently written, drawing players into a world full of myths and secrets. The characters are well-developed, and their stories are captivating and engaging.

The graphics are another aspect that sets "Mythic Manor" apart. The detailed and colorful graphics help create an immersive gaming environment that immerses players in the world of the game.

In addition, the game offers a variety of activities and events that provide variety and encourage players to continue playing and explore the various aspects of the game.

Overall, "Mythic Manor" is an outstanding game that impresses both in terms of plot and graphics. It's no wonder it has earned a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. It's a must-play for any lover of adventure and mystery games.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

snow123789456

Story, renders, sound, playability, and animations all receive a perfect 5 in this game. No bugs encountered, and grammar is clear. The abundance of content is impressive, and I can't wait for the next update. Thanks for the great experience!
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Gintlar

Mythic Manor [v0.20 Fixed] [Jikei]
    2.5/5
    It's not a bad game but I personally don't recommend it.
    A long game with many characters. Usually these two features are a pro, but it's also true that you have to like the characters, and honestly I only like a few characters in the game, so most of the scenes in the game aren't for me.
    The worldbuilding is ok, nothing incredible but the basic mythic girls concept works.
    It's not an unforgettable game but it's certainly enjoyable, it's not unplayable.
    Art that remains appreciable.
    Not recommended/recommended.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

chlamis

Hi all, this is a funny game with a lot of adventures very easy to follow.
    That's a pitty that not update more frecuently but can review all stories over and over again.
    If there's one thing I would like, it would be more interaction between the main characters, everything revolves around MC but bilaterally and it would be fun if more characters acted.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

ImZagreus

I've read a few reviews saying the graphics are bad/outdated and after completing the current version (0.20) I mostly disagree. Even though I really dig the art style and notice the effort put in making it looking good. I wouldn't change it. But yeah, I said mostly because me personally couldn't use this VN as fap material as it is and I really don't mean it as a bad thing. It just looks too surreal for me to get there.
    That said, I played everything so far and I mean to come back for future updates. I guess that says a lot about the quality of the game overall.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Kamaraj

Lots of great content as of V0.20. I havent done all the side girls but I did go through all the main girls and I have to say that all the content is amazing.

The girls all have interesting personalities and amazing scenes. Thickness on these Honey Select Models are done right! I know some people are raging with the mom being cut but there are other great MILFS in the game to compensate. I recommend playing through with the walkthrough since I would say its like a semi-sandbox.

Otherwise amazing VN
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Hanny2000

MM, is one of my earliest adult games I have ever played, I like it. And I still like it. It's good as it was. The gameplay, the story, and the girls are the best. I gotta say I like the story more than Seg in this game. Let's just say Seg is just a bonus while the relationship the main object. Anyway enjoy the game, download it if you haven't. You won't regret it. ;)
  9. 1.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Its a long game with a ton of stories, feels like a ton of side quests and no real main story to follow which makes it boring, there are a few stories that are fun enough but its a huge grind to get anywhere and takes forever for very little reward, you can only advance with a girl once a day which adds alot to the grind since its mostly just a short talk/text and if your lucky a handjob or BJ but to get any sex will take a looong time.

The cam girl i thought was a bit of fun, but wish they would have made a bit more fun, like when she moved it could have been fun if the roommate was the twintail cam girl, could have been some hot shows with those two.

The homeless girl i liked as well but it feels like MC is rapeing her since hes doing stuff to her knowing she cant remember it later just like a ruffy.

Most importen is that i got a kink for the virgins which this game promiss but it really shouldent have a virgin tag since there arent any.

Look at Naira, one whos using big dildos whos never been close to a boy so another wannabe virgin, dont know if the devs thinks is fun to add a virgin tag and then let them all use big dick dildos to destory the virgin vibe, but this is one of the main reason i just cant give more then 1 star, when your playing the game due to virgin tag it will be a huge let down and a ton of wasted time for 0 rewards.

Nairas first sex scene MC slams it in and fucks her hard she has 0 pain all pleasure which i expected since shes used big dildos, once MC is done he ask if it was her first time and she says yes, there is no way this should warrent a virgin tag for a game and it should be removed.

Its even worse with Fanora, MC helps her buy a dildo and slams it in to her pussy even thouhg she has never had sex or used any dildos before, again virgin vibe gone bye bye and ofc the dildo just goes in with no issues or pain or anything.

Most stupid part is she ask MC to take her viginity later, and she says ouch when MC just puts the head in.....thats after using a big dildo multiple times lol dont think ive seen more shitty virgin scenes then this game, its most defently is in top 3 of the worst.

Story 3/5
    Alot of them but for the most part boring and feels like just side quests with no real mening, and you dont really build any feelings for the LIs since most stories are bland and boring, it also has a romance tag but i dident feel that there was any kind of romance realy.

Animations 2/5
    They really arent that good, put a dick in a pussy and the dick goed through the skin which ruins its really.

Girls 2/5
    I am not a fan of bit tits and game keeps putting them in my face which to me is just a turn-off its mostly for a game for people with big tit fetish, i would say proberly 80% is big tits, out of the main girls its 4/6 and side girls its like 14/18 with big tits.

Sandbox 3/5
    Its not bad but its really just clicking around on a map and click items in diffrent areas, not bad but nothing special or fun.

Music 2/5
    Just background music nothing special and nothing mood setting, just above a silent game really.

This game should remove the virgin tag, and maybe add a rape tag insted.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Biolizard

Gameplay - 4/5
    Dialogue - 5/5
    Art - 5/5

One of the best games I've played here, eager to see where it goes in the future. Great characters, great pacing, great art, the gameplay is a bit redundant, but definitely not bad for this type of game. If you like comfy, slice of life style games with good pacing where you work your way up to sex, this is a must play. And let's be honest, Nefari alone warrants a 5/5 rating. You're going to break your dick playing this.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

GeriatricFed

TL;DR: Just play the game you goober, it's really good.

Gameplay: 4/5, I really enjoyed the gameplay and the loop provided. I think my biggest issue, was the lack of notification for multi-girl scenes that provide some clarity for other story beats. If you move via map 90% of the time like me, you might miss these.

Story: 4/5, You can tell there's a story building up slowly but my main issue here is the multi-girl stories. They feel out of place when not included in the main events for some girls. This leads to you feeling like your manipulating the girls and cheating on some when in reality the multi-girl events really clarify that it's fine. Due to this, I think they should be sporadically added to main story or provide a '!' when they become available that way you don't feel so shitty.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Art: 5/5, Since the developers said they'd go back and fix the old animations, I can't take anything away here. But, be aware that the improvements are drastic and you will notice the animations go from choppy to smooth from character to character. This can be a bit jarring, but it clears up once you get further into each girls path. Very excited to see the old animations get cleaned up.

Main Girls: 5/5, I almost turned away from the game because someone said the girls were boring. Absolutely untrue, while at first they are slightly tropey, they really start to get fleshed out as you develop a further relationship with each one.

Esther: 4/5, she's like a safe room, somewhere you can go to avoid the baggage for a bit. She can feel a bit shallow but that does not mean in anyway she is inferior as she fits her role perfectly.

Fanora: 4/5, super slow build up into what seems like a great story to come. I really enjoy how much she changes but I think I'd like to see her relationship with MC go a bit deeper than it stands now before I can say she's a 5/5.

Naira: 3/5, the character herself is an innocent angel, however, some aspects of the relationship will require you to have seen multi-girl events involving her or you may feel some guilt. I think this should be clarified moving forward similarly to in Nefari's story. Still a phenomenal character and a pleasure to view her change with each arc.

Nefari: 6/5, my ride or die babyyy. I knew I wanted to do her story first but ended up putting it on the back burner due to certain aspects of her character making you feel like a guinea pig. This was the right move for me as I was able to enjoy the slow progression to an interesting relationship. She is definitely my favorite by far, I misread her from the jump and was pleasantly surprised by her developments.

Velle: 5/5, Another character that I loved, she was originally a back burner after playing a bit of her route. That was a mistake, she, like Nerfari, changes so much and has actual depth.

Jade: 5/5, I ignored Jade until I finished almost every side character, because that's what I assumed she was. False, she is a main love interest through and through.

Iris: 5/5, Not technically a "main girl", but she might as well be. Her arc and story is super interesting but it is a bit slow.

Side Girls: 5/5, I have not felt truly interested in side characters more than in this game. Each girl feels somewhat unique in their own way. Paige especially stand out with how much content she has and how much depth there is. My main issue is a lack of diversity, in a game with such a large cast I'd like to see a larger range of colors within the side characters.

Overall: 5/5, The game is insanely polished and feels like it was made by people giving and actual shit about the quality and end product while knowing what they want it to look like at the end. If like me you stared at that version number and assumed a lack of content, just jump in and give it a shot, it has more content than quite a few finished games on the site.

BONUS OPINION: a short ranking of how my opinion on each girl changed from just their looks before playing to after completion. This is based entirely on my emotions.

Before:
    1. Nefari
    2. Esther
    3. Velle
    4. Fanora
    5. Naira
    6. Jade
    After:
    1. Nefari
    2. Velle
    3. Naira
    4. Jade
    5. Fanora
    6. Esther
  12. 3.00 star(s)

amandressedlikeabat

Not terrible, but a bit boring. The girls aren't very interesting, the game progresses super slowly, and the sex scenes are good, but not great. Most of the girls have ridiculously large boobs, which I'm not really a fan of. I used the gallery unlocker, because I really didn't enjoy progressing through it at the designed pace. The sex scenes are decent, but definitely not anything special, and many of the animations have obvious clipping. There's also a lot of semi-exhibitionism, which isn't my thing. It's not a bad game, but I didn't find it rewarding. I'm sure that some people will though.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

NeonSelf

Pros:
    - sexy girls, hot sex scenes
    - minimal reading
    - minimal grind
    - alot of content.

Cons:
    - ingame hints are not enough. "meet her somewhere in the city" means practically any place in the city. Thats 30 possible locations to check, sometimes with expensive entrance fee. Definitely should be played with a guide open.
    - Quests with hidden items are annoying. It will never be visible on screen, you have to check every box and drawer in the room.

Its one of the best games I've played. While it has some flaws, It really shines in quality and quantity of content. I'm at day 92 in game and still have alot of stuff to do.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Kurwamaniac

I really like how different the girls are. In most games, the girls have the same body type and personality. I loved nefari's sass and ass, for example. 10/10 designs. Excellent use of the Illusion assets. I almost forgot everyone is slighty Asian because of the engine.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Dark XG

Simply put this game is beautiful.

1. It has very good characters with their own identities and each of them have their rivalries but in the end they love each other like a family.

2. The erotic scenes in the game are well done and do not feel forced and each of the scenes has its reason for occurring and you feel that emotion of wanting more of this great game.

3. The interactions are great depending on which girls you have as your favorite, the interactions in the weekend events change a lot and it gives you that excitement of wanting to unlock each of the different results that you get for raising a story level girl and the events where two girls bump into the MC and those erotic events happen that are the best events there since you can have fun with two girls at the same time.

4. And as a final comment, the stories are very well done and it makes you want to continue advancing in the history of each girl as, little by little, we learn a little about the life of each girl, the problems that they have to carry because they are mystical beings
    And as each one of them sees the world in things as small as not being able to contain their impulses or never being able to experience what the internet is without parental restrictions, each one of them has their charm, their stories and their way of being.

If I could rate this game it would be 10/10.

100% recommended.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

cumsumnida

A Sandbox romp

It's an ok VN. The models are ok, but the animations are mostly stilted and aren't great and really holding it back. Some of the 3d models and animations look real janky.

The world setting has supernatural 'mythics' but it's mostly a normal town that you have to sandbox around. It's sort of annoying, dealing with the time cycle and locations, but the guidance works well enough to get you to the next progression.

Nothing really stands out from the story or writing.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Daviddavid191919

Story,: 5 Renders : 5 , Sound : 5 Playability : 5 Performance : 5 Bugs : no bug Animations : 5 very good Grammar : easy to understand ,Amount of content : so many contenct :). keep going and i cant wait for the next update, thankyou
  18. 5.00 star(s)

yendabenda

Fine game, I spent good time. Jade is the way cuttiest, also Anastasia, Naira and Iris are really nice but the best girl is Paige, she is the most beautiful. In resume - really nice girls, the story is a bit weaker, but still stand for 5 stars because of the nice ladies. Thanks @Jikei
  19. 3.00 star(s)

zeromike

hmm I have to say I largely enjoyed playing this game. Sure the art is not always great and it is rough in places but the overall experience is decent. So why 3 stars and not 4 or 5? I would have probably given 4 stars if it weren't for the dev obviously enjoying some simp/cuck BS by referring so consistently to Esther's past with the MC 's mom as "oh giggles we used to be wild" and then the go to trope of their being bi and/or sucking strippers cocks together, etc. The reason it feels so stupid is the characters most of the time are pretty sweet and then suddenly it's some shit backstory details that only cucks/simps are going to love. I don't need to know about the cocks the LI's had experience with. I don't find the slut fetish all that interesting since any story including it has to be stupid. Hey whatever floats your boat but it's not like sucking toes that you could not be a huge fan of but might try once. You either love it or hate it and I hate that crap.

Despite that though the game has some strong points. The in game walkthrough is good but if it isn't always clear there is a more detailed description with mods so there is no confusion as to what to do.
    While I don't like sandbox games in general this one works decently. You largely choose which girl you can interact with at specific times. At other times an LI will come looking for you to spend time with which is a great addition. Most sandbox games you can literally sit in one place and never have an interaction. It's a small thing but it adds some life to the game.

The girls are fun enough-they aren't deep but each one has their attractions. I found the build up reasonable. The game has these sweet moments with some of the girls that work really well too. I don't feel like there is much of a story though. It's mostly just little interactions or short quests that advance your relationships so it's a typical sandbox game that way.

Anyway it has more good than bad with a nice variety of LI's from huge boobs and lots of curves to the other end, there's even a chick with small boobs and a big bum....There is something for everyone.

It's worth a play since it's mostly decent and the times the dev is giggling about some past dick aren't that frequent so you can just click though it and get back to part of the game that is fun.

3/5 stars as it loses a point for silly backstory and really almost nothing deserves a five star rating on f95.
  20. 2.00 star(s)

LauraBurn

I really do not understand the really great reviews for this one. I feel like it only has such a positive rating because of reviews from years ago.

The models and environments are extremely outdated, the worldbuilding is really inconsistent, the character writing is very bland (every character basically just has 1or 2 character traits and it never gets deeper than that), and so on.

The writing is not good enough to carry the mediocre models and boring sex scenes -- and the sex isn't good enough to carry the dull writing.

So what is there to play for?

Like many games made around the same time Mythic Manor started development, basically the only noteworthy thing about the game is the amount of content. There's a lot of dialogue to read through and a lot of sex scenes to watch. So if all you care about is killing a dozen hours, regardless of quality, this is the game for you.