Others - Nakara [v0.4] [Redspike]

1. 4.00 star(s)

porkenthusiast82

If you are considering downloading this game, just know that this game is very unforgiving.

You have to a certain amount of rings each level, and monsters will 1 shot you. Once you die you have to restart. The scenes are animated and they are done very well, and I love the style of them. There are 5 scenes in total but only 4 can be viewed in the gallery. This game is quite difficult, so be warned. I wish there were more content in the game (it just came out so who could I blame) but other than that this game is pretty good. Also you cant jump so in one of the maps there are barely visible pathways

When you quit the game it autosaves btw

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Krolarnin

Review is for 0.1, it is labeled as an alpha on Patreon and plays more like a tech demo. Simply put, it looks amazing and the engine shown is a solid foundation, but the game play is severely lacking.

One thing I always dislike is when the H content is not built into the gameplay at all. You unlock the scene in the 'gallery' by beating the stage otherwise its instant loss on a single hit and you have to restart the level over entirely. Considering the gameplay consists purely of running around annoying maps with the only goal being collect EVERY ring (aka boring and annoying), not a good decision.

Another bad decision is that your ability to attack goes away, even if you don't use it. You have to charge it up before you can use it, but then its on a timer where it will just go away even if you attacked nothing. Plus hit boxes are really bad. I'm fine with it needing to be charged up before use, but it should stay until i use it.

Like i said visually it looks great and would otherwise be fine, except they don't acknowledge the limitations that using this level of graphics brings and decided to do a visually intensive and cluttered map which is just never going to work. I'm specifically talking about the map with the pits, rain, and invisible walkways between islands. I'm partially colorblind (I can't distinguish close shades of colors) so that could be the issue but it was basically impossible to see the very slight color change of the invisible platform. I instead had to solely rely on the rain effect hitting the air to see where to go. Considering how fast you move and how your only reliable defense against enemies is to keep moving... this just did not work at all.

As an alpha/tech demo this has so much potential. I look forward to coming back to this when it is more than an alpha as this could easily become a 5/5 game. But based on what is there, I can't justify giving it more than 3/5 at this time.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Yokkat

It's a very good game for being made in the doom engine. H content is good, objectives can be cleared fast. A little boring is the combat system and the lack of a struggle mechanic instead of instant game over but it's still pretty fun since you can clear out the game pretty quickly.

There are a total of 5 scenes in game. 1 enemy in each stage, with the exception of the rocky one which has three.

There is a gallery, but you have to clear the stage first. Also doesn't have the "falling off a cliff" scene in gallery
  4. 5.00 star(s)

MoneyMan181

It's just a demo so far, but what's there is absolutely fantastic. The stages are fun and varied, the animations are wonderful and hot, it's got monster girls, and it's neat little gzdoom game.

What more could you want?
  5. 5.00 star(s)

zbunk

not many h gzdoom games out there, but they're somehow always quality. great animations, a fun gameplay loop and amazing art. despite being 0.1 there are already 3 stages which are neither too hard nor too easy, good luck to the dev
  6. 5.00 star(s)

2DNiem

I love this so much! What a start!
    It's been a while since I got this excited playing a new game, I really wish to see this project taken a lot further.
    Once this game gets polished and filled with content it'll be one of the best here.