Ren'Py - Abandoned - Nandola [v0.2.1] [Senillosa]

1. 2.00 star(s)

katmandomo

Version Reviewed: v0.1.2

Quick, the princess has been kidnapped from her otherwise empty castle by three dudes who just kicked the door down and grabbed her. You have to build up an army to rescue her, although the army will only be 6 people because that's the maximum size of party you can support.

The gameplay is you deckbuild an army and then send them out for a single battle. If you win you get a prize, if you lose you get nothing. Pretty simple.

The graphics are Honey Select and look a bit slapdash. There are animations but you'll grow to hate them in a hurry. Battles happen in a black featureless void.

Where this game runs into a problem is right off the bat with the tremendously clunky and slow interface. The battle systems are also quite poorly explained and there is no apparent help system in the game. Nor is there much feedback as to what your actions are accomplishing. Some will knock some HP off of an enemy, others make your enemy lose a turn, which is pointless because they don't appear to do anything else, so you both lose a turn. I have a mage with a spell called "blue" with no further explanation. It makes a blue flash and does absolutely nothing else as far as I can tell. But the biggest problem is every time you take an action it fires up a long animation. It's like trying to play FF7 using only summons.

I didn't get very far into the game before giving up. The fighting system is just way too opaque and slow/clunky.

As far as sex content goes, there's some unanimated naughty nurse/BDSM stuff when you heal your characters and an upskirt in the intro. There may be more buried under a bunch of grinding, but I didn't find it.

This game isn't hopeless, but it needs a whole lot more polishing and streamlining.