RPGM Abandoned Natsuru Roshutsu [v0.2] [SeductiveKneesocks]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

smirk

Jul 2, 2019
Ya know, I wonder why so many female exhibitionism/ENF protags in western-made erotica and adult games are slender and C-cup or under?
It's not just exhibitionism/ENF though. I've noticed that often (at least in Western and to some extent in eastern games) submissive females are portrayed as petite and small chested, while dominant females are portrayed as taller, curvier and large-chested.

Banshee96

Jan 27, 2019
Ya know, I wonder why so many female exhibitionism/ENF protags in western-made erotica and adult games are slender and C-cup or under?
[...] Like, I just find it really fascinating how one body type is so ubiquitous to one single genre. It's really got me curious as to what it could mean! I've got a lot of theories, in fact!
[...] Yeah, there's situations that can only work if the ENF/exibitionism protag is slender and smaller-busted, but since so many do that, it really makes me curious as to why soooo many creators in this genre choose one end of the scale and not the other.
Theory from me (not my opinion, just patterns I see): 'Self-fulfilling' bias in design. "Easily flauntable" assets, e.g. big badonkadonks or wide hips -> more assertive, show-off situations such as strip clubs, nude beaches, etc. On the flip side, "less flauntable" assets, e.g. slender body type -> ENF, sneaking about, trying not to get caught, less self-assertion. Show off if you have a lot, or if you don't, enjoy the risks of staying hidden.

Another way of saying: Big body, hard to hide. Small body, many hiding spots. Big body, ability to self-assert and protect self with publicity. Small body, cannot assert self in public, self-protection prioritized. Therefore big body, bold show off; small body, meek run off. Both types, eventual jill off ;)

Do I agree with any of this? No, since stealth isn't that dependent on size or body shape - especially when you the writer controls the setting. (Anyone can hide in the forest, but slender types have an easier time hiding in school in busier times, for example.) And given the male swimwear challenge, slender-types can assert themselves just fine, and put busty-types to shame trying. Does it make writing the story easier for readers to both categorize and sympathize with? Yeah, kinda. But it still sucks, that busty-types aren't given more ENF-sided stories* (and vice versa).

*Or, as I like it best, without the eventual getting-caught shenanigans. (Or the inclusion of anyone but the exhibitionist, for that matter.)

Reactions: 18011999

TheDemSoc

Sep 7, 2017
(snip)
Since this thread isn't particularly busy and since we're talking about it, I'll offer my very specific two cents:
I simply do not like massive tits :KEK:

I want to say that maybe there's some trend to be extrapolated from this but I honestly can't think of anything. There's a healthy amount of people who like that stuff on both sides of the pond; it'd take a higher IQ than mine to pinpoint what the deal is on our side.

ranfar5

Mar 8, 2019
Y'know, I would absolutely kill for a pure Exhibitionism HGame with a chunky gal. But noone seems to cater to both, just one or the other :(

rontantes

Jan 2, 2018
Y'know, I would absolutely kill for a pure Exhibitionism HGame with a chunky gal. But noone seems to cater to both, just one or the other :(
You might already know about it, but there is a huge (text-based) choose your own adventure on chyoa that caters to this exact niche:

MizoreS

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2018
Since this thread isn't particularly busy and since we're talking about it, I'll offer my very specific two cents:
I simply do not like massive tits :KEK:

I want to say that maybe there's some trend to be extrapolated from this but I honestly can't think of anything. There's a healthy amount of people who like that stuff on both sides of the pond; it'd take a higher IQ than mine to pinpoint what the deal is on our side.
Anything bigger than a double-d cup and my mind wanders off. I don't hate the bigger boobas but I've always leaned more towards the slim side of things. I think it's got something to do with me growing up watching a lot of anime with flat-chested tsundere's. However, I wil try and include a fair palette within the game as best I can.

Also, just wanted to let people know I am still alive, just not been a lucky year. GPU died and getting a new one on a limited budget was not easy...

Reactions: Karnewarrior

MizoreS

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2018

I don't have anything against it. I'm flat as a board myself, after all! I'm just noticing it as a trend on Literotica, CHYOA, and the adult indie game scene, and it's got the anthropologist in me REALLY curious about what it could mean regarding the demographics who make and consume these things.

Like, I just find it really fascinating how one body type is so ubiquitous to one single genre. It's really got me curious as to what it could mean! I've got a lot of theories, in fact!

The one downside to this trend is that it often feels like so many games and stories are losing out on possible situations where curves or boobs could lead to interesting predicaments while sneaking around nude or losing clothes. "Naked Disguise" was a great example, since the leading lady's curves and large breasts cause situations like her getting stuck while trying to escape a hiding place or more easily losing a scrap of cloth hanging on her boobs.

Yeah, there's situations that can only work if the ENF/exibitionism protag is slender and smaller-busted, but since so many do that, it really makes me curious as to why soooo many creators in this genre choose one end of the scale and not the other.

I've tried asking a few writers on Literotica about this, but they tend to either ignore me or get really offended that I'm asking, likely because they mistake my scholarly curiosity for criticism...
I meant to respond to this wayyyy sooner but got sidetracked pretty hard and forgot.

Now that its been brought up, I am pretty curious as well. I suppose part of it has something to do with the developer's own tastes, but it is interesting how rare it is for exhibitionism games to have booba's on the bigger side.

One theory I have stems from something I've noticed, in that I think the vast majority of exhibitionism games seem to be Japanese made, or at least most of the ones I've played have been Japanese-only. Looking at anime and manga as a whole, there's definitely a trope in Japan about small boobs vs big boobs and it seems a lot of what I've watched or read, female protagonists or important characters seem to be smaller a lot of the time.

Don't get me wrong, you definitely get your big boobed protagonists too but it seems more often than not, having big boobs in anime or manga seems to be more for the fanservice than the character herself. I remember a lot less stories with larger chested characters than the ones without. So I feel like I can conclude that Japan has a subconscious 'thing' for small boobs, which I suppose over the years trickled down into my own subconscious and formed that preference xD
I could be completely wrong about this, it's just my own observation, but if I had to pick one reason why Natsuru was developed the way she was, it was probably because I grew up watching anything Rie Kugimiya voiced and her army of tsundere's have me forever in the tiny tiddies faction.

I'd be interested to hear more theories though! Your post gave me ideas that I didn't think of that have me inspired to add a few things!

Reactions: Macarhat

Totti000

May 4, 2022
After the prologue, when ou play the red haired girl, what u have to do? i think i interacted with everything i could find, even blank walls, and still cant seem to progress

IonDrako

Aug 25, 2021
Same, somebody help me.
In case anyone else is still wondering in the room to the right you then go up the stairs, Then in the middle right of that zone there's a desk and a metal shelf, you need to interact with a thing behind the metal shelf. (though that sequence is essentially the end of the .2 version since after that scene you have control of the first girl again and talk to 2 people before it says content over.) There's also a funny bug with that last red head scene where you can go back down the stairs after starting the sequence and you can just walk around nude talking to the npcs.

Really hopeful for this game though whenever it comes out in the future since it seems like it'd be an amazing addition to this genre of game.

Reactions: Banshee96 and Muyou
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes