Necessity of the 'Quit' button

When you exit the game, what do you do?

• The 'Quit' button (on the main menu / game menu)

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Top right 'X' (like any other window)

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Alt-F4

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
Nov 11, 2017
Maybe a weird question / poll, but what do you guys think about the quit button? Do you even use it?
Or do you just hit the X like any other window (or alt-F4)?

Trying to design my game menus right now, and want to streamline everything as much as possible.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Some game engines only save settings when you properly quit the game if i remember right.
That can be a cancer because generally, with engines like rpgm for example, i don't use proper means to quit the game.
I tend to quit properly only when i'm in full screen, which isn't often either. :whistle::coffee:

Last edited:
Reactions: Risky.Klick.Kurisu

Guntag

Donor
May 3, 2017
I always play in full screen mode, so, no window button. I played some games without a "quit" option in the menu and find it annoying to have to altf4, but it's absolutely not a "deal breaker". If the game is great, I"ll happily altf4. But I might find a game a bit "barebone" if even a quit button is considered too much.

bethrezen0

Jan 27, 2022
I quit the game proper way even if windowed, unless dev makes quitting much longer than it should be. Best if there is an option in the menu to straight up quit to desktop, instead of main menu and then to desktop.