Need advice for gamers

Nivla456

Feb 6, 2019
Is there a case of plagiarized of a game? also how to secure the ownership of a game? need info for making a game in the future :)

moskis22

Nov 26, 2020
I know just one, parasite in city, this game was uploaded to steam by others than the real devs, they complained to steam and it was deleted

Reactions: Nivla456

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Is there a case of plagiarized of a game?
If you ask about strict plagiarism, there's tons, half of the games are just plagiarism of successful ones. And if what you ask is more about property stealth, well, there's alas case like this Italian guy that remove all mention of the original authors in order to sell games as if they were his.

also how to secure the ownership of a game? need info for making a game in the future :)
Part of the discussion linked above is about that.

Reactions: Nivla456

FemdomWifeGame

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2021
Look for copyright and fair use in video games, it will lead you to everything you need to know legally speaking.

Basically, if it's intellectual property like a character, a song, a city concept, it's a big no no, you can't steal it, but the game mechanics and the story plot, no problem.

For the ownership, you don't need to do anything, copyright is an automatic process. You may want to protect the name of the game when the country is first-to-file regarding brands, but otherwise you only have to prove anteriority.

Nivla456

Feb 6, 2019
Look for copyright and fair use in video games, it will lead you to everything you need to know legally speaking.

Basically, if it's intellectual property like a character, a song, a city concept, it's a big no no, you can't steal it, but the game mechanics and the story plot, no problem.

For the ownership, you don't need to do anything, copyright is an automatic process. You may want to protect the name of the game when the country is first-to-file regarding brands, but otherwise you only have to prove anteriority.
thanks a lot for the advice, its helpful for me :)