Need feedback of my artwork

FapForYourLife

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
Hello there! My fellow F95ers!
In the past few day, I try to make artwork form Daz for the first time.
It take me many hour to render each image because of my almost 8 year old laptop
and here is the results!

AliceShowcase1.png AliceShowcase2.1.png

I like to hear your opinion on my work. I happy to hear negative one cuz it let me know what thing that I have to improve! so please tell me what you think.

I name her Alice and I plan to use her in my game. Yes! I plan to make a VN game from this! I have my engine(not renpy or RPGM) and also a good story mainly focus on drama life and love like in the movies not some horny guys want to f*uck somebody but my story also have adult content , some teasing and a climax one. My first game will be a mini game due to my shitty ancient laptop that took all day to render one image and my broken wallet that can't keep any cash in, lol.

Lastly , well , please look forward for my game and thank you for reading my long thread.;)

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
These are already really good, and you can only get better. Shading, lighting, posing are great. I would never guess you are new to this. My only criticism is the hair you used. I don't think it's your fault, it's just not a great hair asset. Try using something from AprilYSH or outoftouch, I always get the best results when using theirs.

And your thread isn't that long. :p

Aeilion

Jun 14, 2017
It's very difficult to criticize this kind of image for me. Most of the problems I notice are surely the result of the low power of your laptop. Grany side, lighting concerns etc ... (Do you use a hdri, a skydome?)

I can still tell you the problem with Alice's feet in the second picture.

Good luck with your game.

FapForYourLife

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
These are already really good, and you can only get better. Shading, lighting, posing are great. I would never guess you are new to this. My only criticism is the hair you used. I don't think it's your fault, it's just not a great hair asset. Try using something from AprilYSH or outoftouch, I always get the best results when using theirs.

And your thread isn't that long. :p
Thank! I will looking on it.

It's very difficult to criticize this kind of image for me. Most of the problems I notice are surely the result of the low power of your laptop. Grany side, lighting concerns etc ... (Do you use a hdri, a skydome?)

I can still tell you the problem with Alice's feet in the second picture.

Good luck with your game.
Yeah all of these 2 image I use low resoulution texture due to my old laptop and I use a skydome(I don't know what is hdri and grany side mean,pls tell me more of these). And yeah, in the 2nd image I have a problem with her feet.It collision with her sandals and a lighting reflection on her hair which is I didn't notice until half of render process so I use some image editor to make it look normal

Anyway Thank for your reply!

Aeilion

Jun 14, 2017
Hdri ... these are images to illuminate your scenes. When they are good, they can allow you to do without adding lighting. So you do not end up with the grany areas I spoke to you before.

Regarding these areas is difficult to explain because I do not necessarily know the words in English but it is what you find in the shadows in general (but not only).
In your pictures it will be for example Alice's legs in the first and her neck in the second. A kind of alternation of dark and clear point. Where you should see a cleaner texture (even if it's not the right word).

And this is usually the result of a lack of lighting in this area, because yes the shadows need lighting. But it can be just your computer, so difficult to judge.

I find it good for an old computer, if you want to improve I imagine that working on the poses, expressions etc ... is more interesting than to hang your head on something that eventually you may not be able to have because of your laptop.

Some may be better to explain these different points, and you will also find information by searching on Google :)

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
The lighting is a bit off. In that first one, even though the sun is clearly pretty much straight ahead of her in the background, she is receiving way too much light from her side, unless there is some unseen light source off to the left of the frame. In both of them the main light seems a bit too strong to me. In that second one her shirt is way too white because of the light strength, it's drowning out a lot of the details in the model. It also feels like she's receiving more light than her surroundings are, I have a feeling that might have to do with her material settings, perhaps there's some SSS (sub-surface scattering) in the mix that is a tad too high, giving her a bit of a waxy semi-translucent feel in places, particularly in that first image and on her leg in the second.

In general with lighting in modern 3D rendering, you want to start with an appropriate HDRI that matches the feel you want for the scene. They are a special sort of image that gets projected onto a sphere that surrounds the scene, each pixel then gets projected in towards the center of the sphere as a light value that matches the color and strength of the pixel (which can include brighter than white values in a proper HDRI). These images often double as your sky box/dome if your scene includes a visible portion of the sky or background that isn't blocked by your set pieces and characters and needs to be rendered. After you have that in place, you then want to add lamps anywhere there are light sources in your scene that aren't part of the HDRI, such as lamps, ceiling lights, vehicle headlights, etc. You want to be careful to not set their strength too high, as they need to be balanced in relation to the HDRI. Finally if it seems there is an area that is too dark still that's detracting from the composition, you can add a very weak light that's tinted an appropriate color to brighten those shadowy areas up a tad.

Here is a great site with a wide range of free high quality HDRI, if you find you really enjoy their content and get a lot of use out of their offerings, it's worth it to consider tossing them a few bucks, since they operate on donations.

I think the word Aeilion means is "grainy," as in there's a course grain appearance to the areas in shadow, as there weren't enough light bounces in those areas to fully resolve the detail in the time you allowed it to render.

FapForYourLife

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
The lighting is a bit off. In that first one, even though the sun is clearly pretty much straight ahead of her in the background, she is receiving way too much light from her side, unless there is some unseen light source off to the left of the frame. In both of them the main light seems a bit too strong to me. In that second one her shirt is way too white because of the light strength, it's drowning out a lot of the details in the model. It also feels like she's receiving more light than her surroundings are, I have a feeling that might have to do with her material settings, perhaps there's some SSS (sub-surface scattering) in the mix that is a tad too high, giving her a bit of a waxy semi-translucent feel in places, particularly in that first image and on her leg in the second.

In general with lighting in modern 3D rendering, you want to start with an appropriate HDRI that matches the feel you want for the scene. They are a special sort of image that gets projected onto a sphere that surrounds the scene, each pixel then gets projected in towards the center of the sphere as a light value that matches the color and strength of the pixel (which can include brighter than white values in a proper HDRI). These images often double as your sky box/dome if your scene includes a visible portion of the sky or background that isn't blocked by your set pieces and characters and needs to be rendered. After you have that in place, you then want to add lamps anywhere there are light sources in your scene that isn't part of the HDRI, such as lamps, ceiling lights, vehicle headlights, etc. You want to be careful to not set their strength too high, as they need to be balanced in relation to the HDRI. Finally if it seems there is an area that is too dark still that's detracting from the composition, you can add a very weak light that's tinted an appropriate color to brighten those shadowy areas up a tad.

Here is a great site with a wide range of free high quality HDRI, if you find you really enjoy their content and get a lot of use out of their offerings, it's worth it to consider tossing them a few bucks, since they operate on donations.

I think the word Aeilion means is "grainy," as in there's a course grain appearance to the areas in shadow, as there weren't enough light bounces in those areas to fully resolve the detail in the time you allowed it to render.
Thank for your suggestion! I will try to use HDRI and practice with lighting!

Beavershot

Aug 19, 2018
I'd love to use that one of the girl walking into the sunset in the field for my desktop. That's beautiful.