• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

2D Need feedback on sprites for ntrpg style game

Phosbestrock

May 7, 2020
Hi, I'm working on a game heavily inspired by NTRPG2.
Here are some of the sprites I've made so far.

I ended up drawing with relatively realistic proportions (at least, compared to sprites in RPG Maker games),
but I'm not so sure anymore if this was the correct approach.

Would it be better if the character heads were slightly larger, making the characters more recognizable, or is the current style fine?

Any feedback is welcome. Thank you :)
heroine_front.gif heroine_back.gif heroine_on_floor.gif

• Love
Reactions: BczILher

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Pixel art is hard, especially for character art, when you want both enough details to show of what you want... but not too much detail that it starts to show your skill limitation. I say these are pretty well made. With what you have, focusing more on the body, or as you say, more realistic when compared to most characters being in a chibi art style, I think you did amazing. As for the head, I don't think it needs to change, not sure if you have a larger more detailed version of the character art you are referncing, its certainly tricky trying to get details in such a small area so I can understand why so many styles have larger heads. I know for my characters, a lot of their personality is in their facial expressions, but also in their body, so I want detailed faces but I don't want to make the heads cartoon big, so I just get stuck with drawing high res versions and scaling them down/scaling the background art up.

Reactions: Phosbestrock