2D Need help and feedback on line art. Also if you wanna use these for your games, go ahead.

BitingTheBullet

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2018
Good or Shit?

Can any guru please help let me know to colour effectively and cleanly in Krita.
So far I've just been making selections and using a brush to fill them in but if there's a better or an industry standard method, please let me know.

As mentioned in title, if you wanna use these for your game or whatever else, I included both transparent and white background images.
Don't need any credit or shit. Just let me know if you happen to use them so I can check it out and be proud of something in my life. :HideThePain:
Anyways, thanks and have fun ya cheeky wankas :BootyTime:

BJ-Hand.png BJ-Hand-BG.png BJ-No-Hand.png BJ-No-Hand-BG.png

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
There isn't a "industry standard" per say. It's whatever you feel most comfortable with, or techniques you picked up along the way watching other 2D artist. If I was to do it, I'd split the coloring up into layers all containing within a Folder. Hair, skin, eyes, make-up, misc ect. Marquee selection parts pertaining to the layers and fill them in, and do any clean up afterwards. Doing it this way, isolates each section for the shadow/highlight pass. Once I'm satisfy, I'd duplicate the folder, and merge everything in the dupe folder together and do a final pass on any filters I want to add on top of it. I'm not a 2D artist, but that's how I would approach coloring.

Reactions: BitingTheBullet