Need Help Creating

MrNobody82

Sep 19, 2021
Hi. So I have several game ideas but no came making knowledge.
Im a writer, so can write the scripts, but need help turning my ideas into games. I would create a patreon to get funding for said game development but don't mind not taking any money myself.
So can anyone help.
If so please let me know.
Thankyou

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
You're approaching this the wrong way IMO.

Go and learn Ren'py. Write a very simple and short first game. Something you can start and finish, publish for free and gather some fans. Learn from your mistakes, learn more (programming, graphics) and release a slightly bigger game. Once there, you'll know how to proceed.

With zero knowledge or experience, starting to talk about money and help from strangers will get you nowhere. Good luck.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Start with a text-based game? Might be a good way to learn some basic programming and not be bottlenecked by art.

Otherwise you might try looking here for other people to work with.

Reactions: OsamiWorks

OsamiWorks

May 24, 2020
Hi. So I have several game ideas but no came making knowledge.
Im a writer, so can write the scripts, but need help turning my ideas into games. I would create a patreon to get funding for said game development but don't mind not taking any money myself.
So can anyone help.
If so please let me know.
Thankyou
Am also a writer, its hard to learn everything even if you have some experience in other areas, follow doorknobs advice