Need help diagnosing problem with QSP Player

KermitTheFraud

Dec 16, 2018
Hello all,

Here is the issue:

I was making a qsp game. I was using the Family Life qsp as template and basically modding the crap out of it to make a different game.

Everything (including video files) was working properly.

Then for no apparent reason all of a sudden the video files stopped playing during the scenes/events. I can still see the appropriate text/actions etc but the part of the window where the video should be playing is just blank.

Interestingly, some files play while others don't. If I restart the game and try again the same video file that played earlier might or might not play this time.

I have tried multiple QSP player versions (the official one, the sonnix one etc.) and the problem repeats in all versions. However, qsp 570 is the worst (playing pretty much none of the video files) while the sonnix quicktime version (1.9) sometimes plays some of the video files (only one or two - doesn''t play the rest).

I have also tried moving the game files from the HDD to the SSD and running the game from there but it doesn't help - the problem is still there.

I have also tried running the game as Administrator but that doesn't help either.

I have also tried running the base game (unmodded) and making a test scene right at the beginning with 4 video files in progression and the problem repeats itself.

I have checked and double checked the code to make sure I haven't used the wrong command. (Even otherwise - as I said sometimes a video in a scene will play while other times the same video won''t play so as far as I can tell it shouldn't be a problem with the code.

As far as I can tell my PC is working just fine (no slow downs, other issues etc.)

Also afaik I have not installed any new software recently. The only hardware I have changed/added is another external 2 TB HDD recently.

If anyone has faced/resolved a similar issue or can shed any light on what I can try to fix the problem I would greatly appreciate any help.

I am using Windows 10.

Thanks