Others Need help extracting AP_Pack .obb files

superdadidou

Aug 15, 2019
Hello. I'm trying to extract the files for the serie of 4 games Sorcery!, which are in the format .obb.

Thanks to a Hex editor I saw that the .obb was an AP_Pack, and looking for more information on internet I saw that someone on GitHub had created a specific extractor for this game:

Unfortunately very few details are given and I don't know what I should do.

It seems to use the Android .obb files of the game but someone in the Issues section confirms that it works with the .obb files of the PC version of the game, and even with another game from the same developer.

If anyone could explain or point me in the right direction, I would be really grateful.

PS; I apologise in advance for my bad English.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Download the latest release, extract the archive in a new folder, create another folder for the game assets, open from the xtractobb folder and launch the executable with the syntax:
Code:
xtractobb OBBFILE OUTPUTDIR
(replace OBBFILE and OUTPUTDIR respectively with the path to the obb file and the asset folder previously created. Paths can be absolute or relative).

If you want to repack the asset files, the syntax is:
Code:
repackobb INPUTDIR OBBFILE

Reactions: superdadidou

superdadidou

Aug 15, 2019
Download the latest release, extract the archive in a new folder, create another folder for the game assets, open from the xtractobb folder and launch the executable with the syntax:
Code:
xtractobb OBBFILE OUTPUTDIR
(replace OBBFILE and OUTPUTDIR respectively with the path to the obb file and the asset folder previously created. Paths can be absolute or relative).

If you want to repack the asset files, the syntax is:
Code:
repackobb INPUTDIR OBBFILE
Thank you very much for all this informations! :D

I did as you said but when I extracted the .obb file I just found a FileTable.ser in the folder.

Is this normal? What should I do next with this file, please?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
What should you do with FileTable.ser? Nothing, personally. It is just the first asset extracted by xtractobb. More files should have followed, but something went wrong. Unfortunately I don't have any .obb files to test.

I saw you have posted on Reddit too. If they cannot help you, you may want to open an issue on Github and get an answer from xtractobb's dev.