Need help finding a program and 3D models

Tanwise

Aug 29, 2017
Hoping someone can help me. I have some ideas for scenes I'd like to make, except that I have a long way to go before I understand programming and creating 2D or even 3D characters isn't my strong point. So I was wondering if there were any free programs and character models, that don't require much programming skills that are recommended for beginners or even intermediate level creators.

Thanks.

U

User_920791

If you're planning to create a visual novel with standard features, you do not have to be an "advanced programmer", just follow the . If you have some knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Javascript, the engine may be a better option.

To create the graphics/characters, you can use or Koikatu (or , but the learning curve will be bigger).

Reactions: NathanNight

I Steal Your Cats
Donor
Oct 4, 2017
I started of with DAZ and followed the Tutorials (Bought more tutorials) and then for 3-6months just played around and practiced everything to familarise myself. The lighting is the more advanced/hardest thing to 100% get right. But, With practice all is good.

Ren'Py is good for non advanced coders, etc. As it has a huge guide to help with Pythons, inits, etc. Then when you get more advanced at coding etc you could give Unity a whirl. But, That shit confuses me.

RPG Maker is also good for beginners. As it isn't as coding heavy compared to Ren'Py. But, Not a lot of people enjoy playing RPGM games.

Reactions: Rebeldad

Tanwise

Aug 29, 2017
Thank you, Anika Factory and you as well Obsidu! I'm grateful for the links and the information, I'm going to look through all of that now. :)

NathanNight

Aug 20, 2018
(Sorry for any mistakes, English is not my first language)

Why don`t you try "Blender" for 3d models\backgrounds and Unity\Unreal engine?
There are many lessons its all free, and is not very difficult

I Steal Your Cats
Donor
Oct 4, 2017
(Sorry for any mistakes, English is not my first language)

Why don`t you try "Blender" for 3d models\backgrounds and Unity\Unreal engine?
There are many lessons its all free, and is not very difficult
So is DAZ Studio. As you get the base Genesis Models for free. Which you can practice with AND if need be export to Blender to customise the character even more.

Reactions: NathanNight

NathanNight

Aug 20, 2018
So is DAZ Studio. As you get the base Genesis Models for free. Which you can practice with AND if need be export to Blender to customise the character even more.
Maybe I’m wrong, I just don’t like the character generators. I think it makes the games look at each other.
I prefer to create totaly from scratch ..(still learning) .. )