Need help in selecting Base Model for Daz Studio

androm3dart

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
Ok, so I have been fumbling around enough with Daz studio to know basics of it. I know enough to make decent looking renders. Now I would like to start making an adult game. But since it is not my full-time job, right now I don't want to invest too much money in it. So I want to ask you people about the Daz male and female base currently have better free stuff. I know Genesis 8 is currently better than genesis 8. I Don't want to go for any other pro bundles like Victoria 8 and Michael 8. So, who have experience in this please tell me that for free stuff which base model is better.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Do you know on this site most people are pirates and download all their asset for free, so they can test anything?
Yup. ;) Test it to see what you like - buy it if you use it!

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Ok, so I have been fumbling around enough with Daz studio to know basics of it. I know enough to make decent looking renders. Now I would like to start making an adult game. But since it is not my full-time job, right now I don't want to invest too much money in it. So I want to ask you people about the Daz male and female base currently have better free stuff. I know Genesis 8 is currently better than genesis 8. I Don't want to go for any other pro bundles like Victoria 8 and Michael 8. So, who have experience in this please tell me that for free stuff which base model is better.
If you're looking for "truly free stuff" (meaning stuff that the folks at Daz3d.com give away), then you're going to be mostly stuck way back in the V4/M4 days. Possibly a little V5/M5. So far, however, their "freebies" haven't included much in the way for any of the Genesis generations.

If you're looking at content in general, right now there's a pretty good balance between stuff for Genesis 3 and Genesis 8, and one of the beauties of those generations is that you can pretty easily get a Genesis 3 garment or prop to fit a Genesis 8 figure or vice versa. So if you play in either the G3 or G8 pond, there is a TON of content out there.

Note that Daz only provides the "anatomical elements" (i.e. the genitalia) in the pro bundles. Once obtained, however, they work on every character in that series. (Except the teen characters - Daz doesn't provide textures for the genitalia for any of the characters that are minors.) Of course, there are third-party products as well.

androm3dart

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
If you're looking for "truly free stuff" (meaning stuff that the folks at Daz3d.com give away), then you're going to be mostly stuck way back in the V4/M4 days. Possibly a little V5/M5. So far, however, their "freebies" haven't included much in the way for any of the Genesis generations.

If you're looking at content in general, right now there's a pretty good balance between stuff for Genesis 3 and Genesis 8, and one of the beauties of those generations is that you can pretty easily get a Genesis 3 garment or prop to fit a Genesis 8 figure or vice versa. So if you play in either the G3 or G8 pond, there is a TON of content out there.

Note that Daz only provides the "anatomical elements" (i.e. the genitalia) in the pro bundles. Once obtained, however, they work on every character in that series. (Except the teen characters - Daz doesn't provide textures for the genitalia for any of the characters that are minors.) Of course, there are third-party products as well.
Thanks for the reply. I've decided to stick with G8, I will purchase few morphs, pose and expressions for them, especially during deals. I already own dicktator and golden shell from renderotica. I've found enough clothing for free from a lot of websites, which are free to use for commercial purpose. And I feel like right now I have enough content. At least for now. Let's see what happens in the future though.