Need help on how to recreate a .dll in Visual Studio after modifying it

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
I am a beginner level programmer trying to get more verse in the code of these games. I am looking to try to create a mod of a .dll file of a game. I can get the .dll decompiled and exported to Visual Studio, modify the code, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the project solution back into a .dll so I can put it back into the game folder to try it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Used Jetbrians dotpeek to decompile, and have Visual Studio 2012 and 2017.

Brasdf

Aug 28, 2018
In VS2017 you have to tell the project that it is a DLL builder.

Here is Microsoft's official walkthrough.

Reactions: wurg

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
I appreciate your help, but I can create a new dll project with visual studio but can't figure out how to get the code with all it's dependencies copied to the new dll from the class library project the decompiler made.

I'm trying to edit the modded dll file from the Lucky Mark game on this site. When you use the cheat on the mod it resets the lust level to 50. I was trying to negate this and try to figure out how to do these things at the same time, just trying to gain some knowledge.

I guess the most appropriate question would be how these guys mod the files in the first place.
I've tried using Resource Hacker and also ILDASM to decompile and edit the code to no avail.
I'm giving myself a migraine just because I want to change one if statement from "false" to "true".

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
You might consider using dnspy. It has the ability to open a managed DLL, let you edit lines of code inside it and then re-save the updated DLL without having to do a full "decompile / recompile." Basically, an "in-place editor."

Reactions: wurg

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
Thanks you so much! It took a little bit of figuring but I got it to work, had to copy all of the files over from the managed folder to keep from getting compiling errors when trying to edit just the one dll I wanted to.

Probably spent about five hours or so trying to figure this out. Now I just need to try it out to make sure it works, I can't thank you enough for your help.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
You're more than welcome!

edem1978

Apr 2, 2018
Hello, I'm going crazy can someone please help me I've slowly learned to translate and I'm doing it with Visual Studio code now please don't say there are other programs.
Would like to send a video in which the translation is simplified, it is explained that I have viewed the video 100 times in another language, and all the texts are translated at once with a key combination. All sentences in the "........." will be automatically translated but HOW DOES HE DO THAT.
He doesn't speak clearly, if someone helps me, watches a short video and writes me how he does it, I would be very grateful

From minute 3

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Reactions: anne O'nymous