need help with a rendering issue

lordshimra

Mar 30, 2017
not sure what i may have selected or changed but whenever i render a scene now is is just blank. where the pic should be is a white and grey checkered like blank canvas. not sure what is going on. hoping /sure it is something simple that i missed but it is really frustrating cause this was not happening a few days ago. thanks for any help with this

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
not sure what i may have selected or changed but whenever i render a scene now is is just blank. where the pic should be is a white and grey checkered like blank canvas. not sure what is going on. hoping /sure it is something simple that i missed but it is really frustrating cause this was not happening a few days ago. thanks for any help with this
I can't help you but it would probably be helpful if you mentioned what software you were using, what specs your computer has, and maybe some screenshots of your settings.

That's assuming no clairvoyants here decide to read your mind to get the info they need to assist you.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
If it is due to some parameter that you have changed in "Render Settings", you can click on the "Defaults" button just below the blue "Render" button and everything will be restored.

You haven't said if this happens to you in a particular scene or if you have tried to render something simple with simple lighting and you also have the same problem.
If it's a particular scene, make sure the camera is not too close to a wall or object; or that there is no object (light sphere, background, etc...) that can block the light coming into the camera.

If you have changed the DAZ version, be sure to update the drivers to the latest version.

If you give us more information or a screenshot of your settings and objects from the scene, we're be able to help you better.

lordshimra

Mar 30, 2017
If it is due to some parameter that you have changed in "Render Settings", you can click on the "Defaults" button just below the blue "Render" button and everything will be restored.

You haven't said if this happens to you in a particular scene or if you have tried to render something simple with simple lighting and you also have the same problem.
If it's a particular scene, make sure the camera is not too close to a wall or object; or that there is no object (light sphere, background, etc...) that can block the light coming into the camera.

If you have changed the DAZ version, be sure to update the drivers to the latest version.

If you give us more information or a screenshot of your settings and objects from the scene, we're be able to help you better.
thanks for the reply

system
processor intel core i7-8700 3.20ghz
16gb ram
64bit operating system
nvidia 1070ti 16gb vid card

scene is 2 female daz characters and 1 male but the male is deselected (not visible) no background obects at all
just rendering an image of the 2 females in the basic pose.
it will render sometimes and then i did a close up of 1 females face and it would not render it
1 female is a freja character
1 is a sase character
it will sometimes crash daz. in the scene list there is just the 3 characters in it. nothing else is loaded into the scne but the characters. it seems to be this particular scene cause the issues. tomorrow i will try another scene and see if it changes. i think i may have an idea of what might be causing the issues but more testing is needed.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
thanks for the reply

system
processor intel core i7-8700 3.20ghz
16gb ram
64bit operating system
nvidia 1070ti 16gb vid card

scene is 2 female daz characters and 1 male but the male is deselected (not visible) no background obects at all
just rendering an image of the 2 females in the basic pose.
it will render sometimes and then i did a close up of 1 females face and it would not render it
1 female is a freja character
1 is a sase character
it will sometimes crash daz. in the scene list there is just the 3 characters in it. nothing else is loaded into the scne but the characters. it seems to be this particular scene cause the issues. tomorrow i will try another scene and see if it changes. i think i may have an idea of what might be causing the issues but more testing is needed.
The 1070Ti has 8GB :p

If there are characters that are not going to be seen in the render, don't hide them, delete them... if you only hide them, they continue consuming VRAM from your GPU.

You can try rendering with "Dome Only" or "Scene Only" to see if it's a light problem.

If DAZ closes and causes an error, it would be interesting to see the LOG it generates.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
if the camera is too close to a character, it can hinder light entering the camera -> black render. If that's the case, it might be good if you post the render.

lordshimra

Mar 30, 2017
The 1070Ti has 8GB :p

If there are characters that are not going to be seen in the render, don't hide them, delete them... if you only hide them, they continue consuming VRAM from your GPU.

You can try rendering with "Dome Only" or "Scene Only" to see if it's a light problem.

If DAZ closes and causes an error, it would be interesting to see the LOG it generates.
lol yeah messed up on that vid card ram will give that a try and see what happens