Daz Need help with certain zip files not showing up to be installed in Daz Install Manager.

Ratrio

Aug 21, 2018
So I'm very new to using Daz and have been using the install manager to install all of the content I've downloaded so far. However I've noticed with some stuff, especially outfits, they aren't showing up to install in the install manager and I'm not sure why since I've placed them in the same location and I think I'm using the correct zip for them.

I've included a couple pics showing what I mean.
As you can see I've copied the Cecille outfit zip to the same location as my other zip files but it's not showing up as installable alongside the rest of them.

Any help is appreciated.

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
EDIT: Just noticed one other issue in your particular case... that IM file for your Cecille Outfit is actually an RAR file, which DIM doesn't like. Follow the same steps below, but save it as a ZIP file.

The problem is that DIM is usually a little behind in the ZIP protocol it uses to un-zip asset files. This is aggravated by file host and pirates who are posting these assets but using really old versions of WinZip or 7-Zip.

In 99% of the cases, the fix is pretty easy...

1. Make sure you have a recent version of WinZip or 7-Zip (better option, IMO)
2. Extract the files in the orginal IMXXXXXXXX-01 Zip file to a new folder
3. Now use your Zip program to add it back into an archive named exactly the same as the one that doesn't work.
4. Put this new IM file into your DIM downloads folder. (Make sure to remove the non-working file along with it's .dsx file)
5. Hit refresh on DIM and it should now show up and install properly.

BTW, when you have "Delete Package Once installed" checked, like you do, anytime a file is left in that Download folder, that means it didn't install properly.

Finally, another common issue when trying to install via DIM is someone left a space in the IM file. DIM can't handle spaces. So if you get a DIM install file like "IM000123456-01 FG Bathroom.zip", manually rename it with underscores instead of spaces, or just take the spaces out.. "IM000123456-01_FGBathroom.zip", for example.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ratrio

Ratrio

Aug 21, 2018
EDIT: Just noticed one other issue in your particular case... that IM file for your Cecille Outfit is actually an RAR file, which DIM doesn't like. Follow the same steps below, but save it as a ZIP file.

The problem is that DIM is usually a little behind in the ZIP protocol it uses to un-zip asset files. This is aggravated by file host and pirates who are posting these assets but using really old versions of WinZip or 7-Zip.

In 99% of the cases, the fix is pretty easy...

1. Make sure you have a recent version of WinZip or 7-Zip (better option, IMO)
2. Extract the files in the orginal IMXXXXXXXX-01 Zip file to a new folder
3. Now use your Zip program to add it back into an archive named exactly the same as the one that doesn't work.
4. Put this new IM file into your DIM downloads folder. (Make sure to remove the non-working file along with it's .dsx file)
5. Hit refresh on DIM and it should now show up and install properly.

BTW, when you have "Delete Package Once installed" checked, like you do, anytime a file is left in that Download folder, that means it didn't install properly.

Finally, another common issue when trying to install via DIM is someone left a space in the IM file. DIM can't handle spaces. So if you get a DIM install file like "IM000123456-01 FG Bathroom.zip", manually rename it with underscores instead of spaces, or just take the spaces out.. "IM000123456-01_FGBathroom.zip", for example.
Thank you! Followed your advice and was able to get it installed.