Need help with character converter

lordshimra

Mar 30, 2017

so i am trying to convert a g3 to g8. i have what i believe is everything ready to go
i created a g3 character applied the head and body morphs. nothing else
no skin textures or makeup.
i have the output folder selected
i click execute or convert items. takes a while to do this but once it finishes and i close the script daz crashes adn the work is lost. not sure what is causing this.

any help on what i am doing wrong would be appreciated. thanks g3conv.png

o and yes i do have the right character checked when i do this. just was not selected when i took the pic

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Not if this help but I use for my G3->G8 (as it preserve Correctives, Jcm's, Mcm, not sure about the Riversoft one), you should give it a try.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I've only done this a couple of times, and it's been awhile. The first thing I see is that you haven't selected any character files.

Edit: sorry, just saw your last line where you said you did select the correct file.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Just converted a few characters I had been meaning to get to anyway, to remind myself how it all works. Didn't have any issues.

If DAZ crashes then you should take a look at the log file for clues. Also, you say it crashes when you close the script but the character files are already saved before you press OK to complete the script. Are you sure the converted files are not there?

lordshimra

Mar 30, 2017
Not if this help but I use for my G3->G8 (as it preserve Correctives, Jcm's, Mcm, not sure about the Riversoft one), you should give it a try.
i tried the xtransfer thefu.png this is what happened.

in response to Boogie it saved it but when i load the character from the file it is just the defualt gen8 with no morphs

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
to include morphs you need to use convert scene, rather than convert character

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
i tried the xtransfer this is what happened.
So apparently the distortion you got is a known bug. The thread over on DAZ3D.com had an example of the same problem, and there is or there is going to be an update to the software but the version you got from 3d-load is the original version.

They say it can be fixed by "deleting the XT folders from the morphs folder".

Reactions: lordshimra

lordshimra

Mar 30, 2017
So apparently the distortion you got is a known bug. The thread over on DAZ3D.com had an example of the same problem, and there is or there is going to be an update to the software but the version you got from 3d-load is the original version.

They say it can be fixed by "deleting the XT folders from the morphs folder".
if u delete the xt folders from the morph folder wont that take the transferred morphs with it? right now the morphs are sitting in the default location that is in xtransfer

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
if u delete the xt folders from the morph folder wont that take the transferred morphs with it? right now the morphs are sitting in the default location that is in xtransfer
Sorry, I can't speak with experience, only what I have read. You could read through the thread yourself for the best info: