Need help with colour!! 2D

JagerMammon

Apr 11, 2021
Hi,

I've tried filling these with colour but they look crap!! Could any offer some advice or fill just one for me as a guide?

1618644397957.png 1618644325849.png

JagerMammon

Apr 11, 2021
I've filled them but they look pants. Just bad colour choices. They are parts of a remote mining base, poss on another planet like Aliens LV-426. But industrialised units with accommodation shop and bar for the workers.

hemingway999

Apr 14, 2021
Start with grayscale and get a hold on light reflection. Assuming a light location and try to imagine its reflection from the surfaces. There is a lot to consider; Don't get overwhelmed and go piece by piece. Consider the overall consistency occasionally; observe your mistakes; don't try to fix them frantically.

Basically, color has three axis of control. Hue, saturation and lightness. I know artistry is supposed to be a holy profession that can't be touched by words, but try to read wiki. Models are incredibly insightful.

Reactions: JagerMammon

JagerMammon

Apr 11, 2021
Start with grayscale and get a hold on light reflection. Assuming a light location and try to imagine its reflection from the surfaces. There is a lot to consider; Don't get overwhelmed and go piece by piece. Consider the overall consistency occasionally; observe your mistakes; don't try to fix them frantically.

Basically, color has three axis of control. Hue, saturation and lightness. I know artistry is supposed to be a holy profession that can't be touched by words, but try to read wiki. Models are incredibly insightful.
Thanks

JagerMammon

Apr 11, 2021
1 and half Hour, Thanks
Well thank you soooo much pal! My brain just doesn't work like yours, why would you just blob two shades of green on the containers like this... yet it looks funking amazing, my colours just look so bead and dull!

JagerMammon

Apr 11, 2021
1 and half Hour, Thanks
Would you consider helping on a project, I will do whatever you need to make it easier, bigger images, base colours predone, different elements split out so we can repeat them? There are about another three buildings?