need help with geo shells

lordshimra

Mar 30, 2017

so using this as an example. it has a geo shell in there for creampioed anal cumshot shell. whenever i apply it to the genesis genital it puts a white shell over it and when rendered it shows it asa white. so i completely dont know how to use this and wanted to know if someone could explain that to me or point me to something that could explain it. thanks

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Select in scene panel the "creampied-anal" that you have added, then look in the "Parameters" tab, you have to see a section where it says "shell", there you can mark or unmark where it applies, just look for the genitals and unmark them, immediately you will see that the white that covered that part disappears.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Oh yeah, right, sorry :ROFLMAO:

What I told you is for when you have problems in other parts of the body.

Are you using these shells on top of New Gens for Victoria 8?

lordshimra

Mar 30, 2017
yeah i select the new gens in the scene and then add the shell and that is how i ge tthe white look on it. just not sure what the shell is really even for. happens when i use other shells to like dicktator

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
just not sure what the shell is really even for. happens when i use other shells to like dicktator
I haven't used the product you're referring to, but the general purpose of a geoshell is to provide an additional surface that's just microscopically above the surface of the figure in question, and which follows the contours of the underlying figure exactly. That way, when you apply a texture to the geoshell, it essentially acts as an "overlay" on top of the existing figure's base texture. Of course, the textures you apply to the geoshell are usually transparent in places that you want to see the underlying figure, or else you hide those portions of the geoshell. (If the geoshell isn't transparent, you end up with the "looks like it's made out of white plaster" effect that you're seeing.)

So, it's possible that the product requires a two-step process - the first step being applying the geoshell (for which you may have to have the main figure selected) and then a second step where you apply a texture, for which you may have to select the geoshell, rather than to the main figure.

FYI, one of the other technologies for doing overlays in Daz is the "Layered Image Editor", which essentially allows you to stack multiple images together on the base texture itself, and have Daz merge them together at runtime. Some vendors take an LIE approach to things like makeup, scars and "other materials," while others use the geoshell approach. Kind of a matter of personal preference on their part.

Reactions: lordshimra

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
I don't have this product to test, but I have done some tests with the "Creampied" that will be similar.

Don't apply the shells over NGFV8, apply the variants that don't have a "shell" in the name. With this you have enough; and if you want, you can apply the variants with "shell" over the variant without "shell" that you have already applied (this must be to be able to apply the material that you want)... it seems complicated, but not :p

For example:
Basic:
a) Apply "Creampie 01" over NGFV8 (just doing this already works)
Optional:
b) Apply "Creampie 01 Shell" over "Creampie 01" (to be able to add some material that you wish)

By the way, it's in the .

Reactions: lordshimra

lordshimra

Mar 30, 2017
thanks for the replies. i read the documentation but guess i did not really understand it. but thanks for the help. going to work on it some tonight to see what happens.

lordshimra

Mar 30, 2017
ok so here is something. trying to use skin doctor for gen 8. when i load just the drops on the skin i get this ellietestwhitespot.png

if i load one of the wet shells it is completely white when i render it. not sure what to do in this case though it seems right now it is not all white just the crotch area. really sorry to keep asking these questions but i am just not really familiar with using products like this

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
ok so here is something. trying to use skin doctor for gen 8. when i load just the drops on the skin i get this View attachment 341334

if i load one of the wet shells it is completely white when i render it. not sure what to do in this case though it seems right now it is not all white just the crotch area. really sorry to keep asking these questions but i am just not really familiar with using products like this
You just have to follow the steps I told you by mistake in my first answer, in this case it's effective.
https://f95zone.to/threads/need-help-with-geo-shells.33024/#post-2114250

That will remove the white, but in the part of the genitals you will not see the "wet" effect, this you will have to get it in other ways. NGFV8 has some built-in wetting effects, or you can use some third party utility, or do it manually by playing with the "Dual Lube..." property in Surfaces (selecting NGFV before).