Daz Need help with hair in Daz

xLoneWolf3Dx

May 14, 2019
I was wondering if anyone knew what is causing the issue with the hair in this render. At first I thought maybe it was a lighting issue, but regardless of what lighting asset I use... or the intensity of the light I get this weird glowing/highlight effect in the hair. Maybe it's a setting I'm overlooking? I'm relatively new at using Daz and didn't want to start changing things that could possibly make it worse. hair test.png

probably_dave

Jun 3, 2017
Just did a quick test. Looks like it's the SSS Amount surface parameter. Try lowering it until it looks alright for the hair surfaces that are causing the problem.
Below is it set to 0 for all surfaces:
SSS_Comparison.png

n3wg0d

Nov 2, 2020
My hair on the character looks like dull metallic crap, can you tell me what to adjust to fix it or is it just crap hair? It is the strips or hair, not individual strands. Thank you if you can help.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
My hair on the character looks like dull metallic crap, can you tell me what to adjust to fix it or is it just crap hair? It is the strips or hair, not individual strands. Thank you if you can help.
It would help to know which hair it is that is giving you problems, and what renderer you're using.

Reactions: Madmanator99

n3wg0d

Nov 2, 2020
Daz normal renderer in the program, and it's iray hair. It also gets that hollow layer look in the back and top, I have several that do that then others that do not. My library is chaotic, I think I downloaded every asset available on f95. Sorry for not being more specific, I moved on to a better looking hair. May have been one I converted from g3-g8.

Ashenthorn

Dec 18, 2019
Daz normal renderer in the program, and it's iray hair. It also gets that hollow layer look in the back and top, I have several that do that then others that do not. My library is chaotic, I think I downloaded every asset available on f95. Sorry for not being more specific, I moved on to a better looking hair. May have been one I converted from g3-g8.
Just a tip...

You are posting your questions in random unrelated threads.
You need to post new topics in the Dev Help forum and tag them with Daz