Need Help with render Daz3D

DonStark

May 4, 2017
Hi, sinds sometimes i want to create my game ( unity or renpy ) but I did not know how to use Daz Studio for create my character, after some tuto i decide to test with my laptop some render but as you can see i have some problem with rendering ... Somebody can help me ?

test.png

CPU : Intel Core i7-6500U 2.5Ghz
Ram : 16Go DDR4
Graphics Card : Nvidia Geforce 940MX

thanks for your help and your advice ... ( everything is in lray )

john8555

Apr 27, 2017
The eyes i would try other ones compatible with your iray character , but for the noise you should change setting in render settings,environment and put environment mode to scene only instead of dome and add lights yourself .
spotlights work good but i prefer using a plane for lightning depending if you want to do day scenes or night scenes .
can show you how to set plane light but i am still new at rendering i'm sure someone will have better ways to make renders , i still have alot too learn too

john8555

Apr 27, 2017
The eyes i would try other ones compatible with your iray character , but for the noise you should change setting in render settings,environment and put environment mode to scene only instead of dome and add lights yourself .
spotlights work good but i prefer using a plane for lightning depending if you want to do day scenes or night scenes .
can show you how to set plane light but i am still new at rendering i'm sure someone will have better ways to make renders , i still have alot too learn too
I just made this with dome on what you can do too is render in ultra hd and when the picture is done resize it it will look better

DonStark

May 4, 2017
I just made this with dome on what you can do too is render in ultra hd and when the picture is done resize it it will look better
How do you resize the picture ? Render, after that save and after that what ? or something different ?

john8555

Apr 27, 2017
How do you resize the picture ? Render, after that save and after that what ? or something different ?
well if you render the picture at 3840x 2160 you can resize it after its rendered to like 1920x1080 using a photo editor works with that you can also make your pictures look better

cooaga

Oct 17, 2016
You can use Photoshop as well to resize and color correct. You can also touch it up if it ends up coming out fuzzy.

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
Hi, sinds sometimes i want to create my game ( unity or renpy ) but I did not know how to use Daz Studio for create my character, after some tuto i decide to test with my laptop some render but as you can see i have some problem with rendering ... Somebody can help me ?

View attachment 8362

CPU : Intel Core i7-6500U 2.5Ghz
Ram : 16Go DDR4
Graphics Card : Nvidia Geforce 940MX

thanks for your help and your advice ... ( everything is in lray )
What are your renderer settings? The usual reasons why renders using Iray end up grainy are:
a. poor lighting
b. not enough iterations/samples
c. low convergence ratio

Since your image looks like it has proper lighting, the renderer probably terminates earlier than expected. Check your render settings. Set max time to zero.

for a test render: max sample = 1,000 ; converged ratio = 95% just to see how your final render will look
for a final render: max sample = at least 5,000 ; converged ratio = 99%

Unfortunately, since you're using a mobile GPU your render times would be relatively long. Iray needs CUDA cores to render faster. The 940M only has 384. (I'm using a desktop gpu GTX 970 and that has 1664 CUDA cores). You'll also run into VRAM problems if you try to have more than 1 figure in a scene. Based on my 1-month experience with Daz, you need at least 2GB VRAM per model/figure if you're using Iray. If you run out of VRAM, Daz Studio will force CPU rendering and it will take a LONG time to finish.

Reactions: john8555

DonStark

May 4, 2017
What are your renderer settings? The usual reasons why renders using Iray end up grainy are:
a. poor lighting
b. not enough iterations/samples
c. low convergence ratio

Since your image looks like it has proper lighting, the renderer probably terminates earlier than expected. Check your render settings. Set max time to zero.

for a test render: max sample = 1,000 ; converged ratio = 95% just to see how your final render will look
for a final render: max sample = at least 5,000 ; converged ratio = 99%

Unfortunately, since you're using a mobile GPU your render times would be relatively long. Iray needs CUDA cores to render faster. The 940M only has 384. (I'm using a desktop gpu GTX 970 and that has 1664 CUDA cores). You'll also run into VRAM problems if you try to have more than 1 figure in a scene. Based on my 1-month experience with Daz, you need at least 2GB VRAM per model/figure if you're using Iray. If you run out of VRAM, Daz Studio will force CPU rendering and it will take a LONG time to finish.
test 1000.png

Thanks for your advice ... Like you said i test with " max sample = 1000 " and the render is much pretty ^^ I finish this render in 50min but i've a question, you said problem with more than 1 figure ? what problem, impossible or will take longer ? I don't have the money right now for a new pc and i want to learn daz3d before i buy a beast. So if i want to create a sex scene, for not too much problem i must use the female and a cock ( like pov ) or i can create the dude but the render will take much longer ?

john8555

Apr 27, 2017
View attachment 8424

Thanks for your advice ... Like you said i test with " max sample = 1000 " and the render is much pretty ^^ I finish this render in 50min but i've a question, you said problem with more than 1 figure ? what problem, impossible or will take longer ? I don't have the money right now for a new pc and i want to learn daz3d before i buy a beast. So if i want to create a sex scene, for not too much problem i must use the female and a cock ( like pov ) or i can create the dude but the render will take much longer ?
you will need a better graphic card 50 min is long for just 1 character and the more characters you use the worst it is, if you have a desktop you could built and good pc yourself, i'm using a gtx 1070 with a i3 and it works really good for rendering and it's cheap to build your own, if you have the money its better to go with i7 and probably 980ti or 1080 or 1080 ti if you can't afford any yet try to build your full scene then render 1 part at a time then add them all together using either photoshop or gimp and use max sample 5000 for better results

DonStark

May 4, 2017
you will need a better graphic card 50 min is long for just 1 character and the more characters you use the worst it is, if you have a desktop you could built and good pc yourself, i'm using a gtx 1070 with a i3 and it works really good for rendering and it's cheap to build your own, if you have the money its better to go with i7 and probably 980ti or 1080 or 1080 ti if you can't afford any yet try to build your full scene then render 1 part at a time then add them all together using either photoshop or gimp and use max sample 5000 for better results
ok so right now i forget the lray ... i'm going to check some tutorial for some nice render without lray ( i test yesterday the 3delight but i don't really like )

killstrike25

Jun 3, 2017
ok so right now i forget the lray ... i'm going to check some tutorial for some nice render without lray ( i test yesterday the 3delight but i don't really like )
My best advice for rendering with a really low end gpu is render with a transparent background its not the greatest looking art work but if you do this and do perspective angles with your pre rendered background without your character/characters then you can photoshop them into the scene like how Harem Villa did but personally I think those could have been better positioned to make the viewer think the characters are in the game when they are not

Tip*

Works best for closeups, kissing, hugging, and so on a sex scene would not look right using this method but you could do something else and pose the female laying down with her legs spread getting fingered or something to this affect

with some practice and good editing you could fake it and no one would know the difference

Remember to keep your backgrounds in higher quality and blur them with photoshop to simulate Depth of Field

Hope this helps you

M

MantisK

Quick question on these models, are they all anatomically correct? I mean, if you select any random model, or are they limited to Adult Design series?

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Quick question on these models, are they all anatomically correct? I mean, if you select any random model, or are they limited to Adult Design series?
Daz is all about the profits. So most of their characters have missing parts *sold separately
add head hair
add textures
add freckles
add body hair
add facial expressions
add boobs
add genitals
add ass
add morphs
add lighting

$$$$$$$200+ and then you start buying clothes, and props
the tools for posing are intentionally impossible to use, so you just buy poses too
and we won't even talk about Daz's lack of animation capability, because just makes pictures which they also sell.