VN Need help with renpy, defining relationships!

Tblood

Oct 19, 2021
Hi i'm trying to make something for fun in renpy, but i don't know how to define a relationship, or give the player the option to define it themselves.
For example you're introducted to a girl, and i wanna give the option to the player to define their relationship.
She is your?: And you can add sister or roomate wichever you feel like.
And somehow apply that to the dialouge, where it changes from sister to roomate or the other way around?
Might not be possible but just thought i'd ask. Thank you.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Hi i'm trying to make something for fun in renpy, but i don't know how to define a relationship, or give the player the option to define it themselves.
How to do it is simple:
Python:
label whatever:
    $ girlIs = renpy.input( "What is she for you ?" )
    if not girlIs:
        $ girlIs = "roommate"
    "Noted, the girls is your [girlIs]."
But having a story that will make sense while doing is it something extremely difficult.
The reason why a roommate would refuse to be sexually involved with the MC isn't the reason why a sister would refuse. Therefore you'll end like all the game doing this, with dialogs as stupids as, "no, we can't have sex, I'm your roommate, it would be so wrong."

Letting the player define the relationship is not how one should deal with Patreon ban regarding incest. There's many thread explaining how to do it correctly, this one being probably the most complete.

Tblood

Oct 19, 2021
How to do it is simple:
Python:
label whatever:
    $ girlIs = renpy.input( "What is she for you ?" )
    if not girlIs:
        $ girlIs = "roommate"
    "Noted, the girls is your [girlIs]."
But having a story that will make sense while doing is it something extremely difficult.
The reason why a roommate would refuse to be sexually involved with the MC isn't the reason why a sister would refuse. Therefore you'll end like all the game doing this, with dialogs as stupids as, "no, we can't have sex, I'm your roommate, it would be so wrong."

Letting the player define the relationship is not how one should deal with Patreon ban regarding incest. There's many thread explaining how to do it correctly, this one being probably the most complete.
You're right about that but i do really appreciate your answer thank you so much!