Need help with Soapy Water shader

BartBartjens

Oct 26, 2018
Hi there,

I'm working in DAZ on a shower shene eand I want to use Soapy Water shader but i can't just figure out how to use it. When I select the character in the scene and I select her (or her skin) in surfaces and I apply the shader, the character becomes transparent. I'm clearly doing something wrong here. Can someone explain to me how I should use this?

BartBartjens

Oct 26, 2018
Hi monkeyposter,

Thanx for your reaction.
I've just tried that. I created a geometry shell when my character was selected and then I selected this shell in surfaces and I applied the shader. Is this what you mean (sorry, I'm very new to DAZ)? Is doesn't work, nothing changes when I do that :(.

monkeyposter_7

Thirsty for my Guest
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2018
Hi monkeyposter,

Thanx for your reaction.
I've just tried that. I created a geometry shell when my character was selected and then I selected this shell in surfaces and I applied the shader. Is this what you mean (sorry, I'm very new to DAZ)? Is doesn't work, nothing changes when I do that :(.
Try select the shell in the "scene menu" and then try to apply the shader.
If it doesnt work, select shell in scene menu, and then sufraces (thenit has to be a drop down menu with body parts) and then apply on all. You can turn off on what body parts it applys to under the parameters tab

Im talking out my ass btw, maybe thhis asset has a different way to apply itself

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
There was a preset that spawns an empty bounding-box-thingy. This box then projected the decal/soap texture on another object when Iray-mode was enabled. I have not tried the shell method yet, not sure what's better.

Correct me if I'm wrong about the shell method:
  • pro: unlike with decal boxes one can re-pose a character and the texture 'sticks' to the character,
  • contra: less control over how the texture is actually placed over the character (scaling, positioning?, soap in face^^)

Reactions: BartBartjens

BartBartjens

Oct 26, 2018
There was a preset that spawns an empty bounding-box-thingy. This box then projected the decal/soap texture on another object when Iray-mode was enabled. I have not tried the shell method yet, not sure what's better.

Correct me if I'm wrong about the shell method:
  • pro: unlike with decal boxes one can re-pose a character and the texture 'sticks' to the character,
  • contra: less control over how the texture is actually placed over the character (scaling, positioning?, soap in face^^)
You're right. It's much easier to select a character and then select Props -> Effects in the smart content tab. That gives you a decal. On the decal you can apply a surface and then play with several parameters. This way you have more control of how much and where you want to have the soap:

Thanx.

Reactions: f95zoneuser463