Need help

PabloArmstrong

Oct 15, 2022
So, I have a pretty old potato laptop (CPU: Intel Core i7 3520M, GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000, windows 10, 64-bit). it can run Renpy VNs, so it's more than enough for me.
But recently (like 3-4 months ago) games started become buggy out of nowhere (animated scenes lagged, after a few minutes of reading/gameplay the game started responding slower).
Going into details:
These renpy games usually come with 2 exe files (a 64-bit and a 32-bit version), so whenever I started regularly playing adult games (like 4 years ago), I obviously run the 64-bit exe, because that made sense (Note: I have pretty limited tech knoweldge) and I just ignored the 32-bit one, because those are for 32-bit PCs or that's what I thought. Not long after launching that first game (can't remember the name of it, long time ago), I experiened the buggy gameplay that I was talking about. So with my limited knowledge I was confused because I thought a simple VN with a few animated scenes shouldn't be problem even for my potato. So my curiosity got me to launch the game with the 32-bit exe (I thought that might launch the game with a "simpler" form/look, IDK I'm clueless ok?), but to my surprise it legit solved all the problems that I had. Animations were smooth and I could spend hours in the game without the game becoming slower. So whenever I downloaded a new Renpy game I started using the 32-bit exe every time.
So the problem I'm having now is some of these games stopped coming with 32-bit exe and I don't know why, and I obviously wasn't surprised about the laggy gameplay whenever I tried to run them with the 64-bit exe. Sadge

So, if anyone has any idea why the 64-bit version laggy or why the 32-bit one working or why some games stopped coming with 32-bit exe, I would appreciate it. Like really, any solution/information about this whole situation is welcomed. Thank you!! <3

PabloArmstrong

Oct 15, 2022
I can not answer most of the questions, but one suggestion is to see if its possible to "copy" the lib/exe of another game and place it in the folder of the game u try to play and see if it works.
so find a game with the 32bit and check the lib\ folder (I think windows-i686)
Okay, I copied that folder and put it into the lib folder of the game I'm having problems. It didn't help :(
Or did I do something wrong, because even after copying the folder I still only had 1 exe file so I launched that and had no changes inside the game, and that's why I said it didn't help.
Thank you for replying fast though!! :D

PabloArmstrong

Oct 15, 2022
u need to copy the 32bit EXE as well. u need to run that .EXE file
maybe rename it to be the same name as the other .exe not sure.
maybe it will not work. but u can try and see.
Ohh.. I'm dumb xD
But yeah, tried that now, it doesn't launch the game. Sadge