Need MAC Users to test my game.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
This is the game: https://f95zone.to/threads/workers-of-kartedhir-r10-winterfire.25019/

As you can see, there is only a Windows build available, as far as R10 goes, the game depended on some Windows libraries but I rewrote some code in R11 to try and make a WebGL build which failed horribly so that's scrapped.
I did a MAC Build here:

I do not even know if the game starts but, if it does, you should be able to create a character and get in-game (Which would be more than the Web-GL build did), you should also be able to save and load the game and edit the settings which should persist in each playthrough.

Thank you for helping out!

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
I am open to testing this out for you but would need more details as to what you are looking for, and how to best provide you with 'bug reports'.
FYI -- the build provided does NOT start for me (2018 Macbook with High Sierra). While that is often due to permissions issues, it does not appear to be the case in this instance.

A terminal Launch gives me the following Crashreport:

Invalid serialized file version. File: "/Downloads/Other/Workers of Kartedhir-R11 (MAC)/Build_MAC.app/Contents/Resources/Data/globalgamemanagers". Expected version: 2018.3.11f1. Actual version: 2018.3.7f1.
(Filename: Line: 1356)
Unknown error occurred while loading '/Downloads/Other/Workers of Kartedhir-R11 (MAC)/Build_MAC.app/Contents/Resources/Data/globalgamemanagers'.
(Filename: Line: 210)
PlayerInitEngineNoGraphics settings: Failed to load PlayerSettings (internal index #0).
Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatching editor and platform support versions.
Failed to initialize engine
logout

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Woops, looks like I need to upgrade Unity... Yeah it was helpful, thanks!