Need opinions on first renders

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
Hello, all. I've been working on some character concepts in my free time and I'd really like some feedback on the renders and tips on using Daz in general. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dudeguybro

Jan 25, 2019
the figure looks great and the pose and color is nice but something about the face feels off over all great job for the first time

Reactions: 0ier 3D

fyl3toys

Dec 24, 2021
I would post a render without posing. And without the hat. Right now the head looks too small and too big at the same time.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Lighting is a bit rough, same goes for proportions. But seeing as these are you first renders, those are thing I'd worry about later. Just pick up the fundamentals, how the program works, what in the UI is useful for your workflow, etc.

rend.png

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
Thanks for all the advice guys. Guess I'll go back into the studio and fiddle with the head and hair dials some more. I'm looking at tutorials for lighting and I'll try to make the poses more natural MissFortune. Maybe look at some more reference images.

As a side note, I did pick up a pencil irl as a stand-in for the cigarette holder, but I guess I was just wrong about that.:HideThePain: