Ren'Py Need opinions, should I make her thicker?

Which version is better?

• Original

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Thicker

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 5784152

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2023
I am currently making a renpy game centered around Cecilia. A recently widowed (relationships will be defined by player at beginning of game) landlady, her tenant *wink wink* and her manipulative friend.
There are other characters such as her manipulative friends old, fat and filthy rich caretaker. A photographer and more.

But here is where I need help. I have rendered around 100 images of Cecilia, and just now realized I might want her to be thicker.
Please if any of you could give me your opinion on the images. Is the bigger butt and thighs worth the extra work?
Or maybe not preferrable at all, regardless of work? Maybe thinner is better?

Whatever you guys have decided by the end of the poll will be the direction I take.

PS: She is not supposed to look like a model, she is supposed to look like a *caugh* landlady.

Please disregard colliding clothing and graphical errors, I just rendered 8 quick images to show the difference of the model design.

Deleted member 5784152

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2023
The question here is, is this a fantasy game? Cus that's fantasy thick, my friend.
Fantasy as in orcs, dragons and magic? No.
However male characters also have (slightly) unrealistic endowments. So its not a 100% realistic game in that regard I guess.
Looks iike original design is winning though :)

Deleted member 5784152

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2023
Fantasy as in orcs, dragons and magic? No.
However male characters also have (slightly) unrealistic endowments. So its not a 100% realistic game in that regard I guess.
Looks iike original design is winning though :)
I would also think the story events, depending mostly on how you define character relationships. Would be unlikely to happen in real life.

Sep 25, 2017
No one in real life has a but that big and a waist that small. It's ridiculous, unless you go fantasy like someone already wrote.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
If you are going for mass appeal, I think you should stick with the original. Even among the top games tagged big ass you don't see anything like the thicker option AFAICT. But I'm not a fan of unrealistic proportions anyway so it may be confirmation bias.

But there's always something to be said for creating the game you really want to create, at least if making money isn't your primary intention.

Deleted member 5784152

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2023
If you are going for mass appeal, I think you should stick with the original. Even among the top games tagged big ass you don't see anything like the thicker option AFAICT. But I'm not a fan of unrealistic proportions anyway so it may be confirmation bias.

But there's always something to be said for creating the game you really want to create, at least if making money isn't your primary intention.
It's not really something i see myself making any money from.
Spending too much time tinkering with body parts in daz sometimes screws with my ability to see "the whole picture" until after I've had a good break. I sort of didn't see how unrealistic it was until after i got some feedback. Its hard to explain.
Anyways. Thanks for the feedback everyone. Advice has been taken, and I'll stick with original.

Reactions: baloneysammich

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
I like the less thick one better. but if you like the bigger one you should definitely do that. in my own experience the character will probably drift to that anyway if it gives you more thrills, and you'll be rerendering the thinner ones. we like what we like.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
No one in real life has a but that big and a waist that small. It's ridiculous, unless you go fantasy like someone already wrote.
there's much bigger and way more ridiculous asses around IRL. just google 'biggest ass'.

not that it matters even a tiny bit if there weren't.

Asr127

Aug 5, 2016
That would depend entirely on target audience. Some people like their woman thicc some like em THiCCCC. I would say go with whatever feels right for the game you are making. You cant please everyone.

Reactions: Meaning Less

obibobi

May 10, 2017
Your ability to bring it together matters a lot. If you want hypersexual then take a look at popular artists that do it well, Epic Lust, Jackerman, Stiglet

If anything based on the images posted, it's the skin and face that need touched up, I'm getting uncanny valley vibes