[S>Programmer] Unpaid Need projects to learn programming

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
Skills : Python, C++ and C

Availability : Part -Time

Rates : Free

About me : New to programming and want to learn it doing some projects.

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
So how do i get involved in the project? Do i start to make mods ? Or contact the devs ?
I would start studying scene, how they are written the different command and condition functions. Get notepad++ to write your own scenes and test them yourself. If they work you can try and share them, if they don't you could ask for help either I or someone else could help.

Reactions: quarzo

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
personally i recomend do your own game firts (a very simple one) before try join a proyect, if you do not know how the generals game logic works.

search the tipical flappybird/ platformer video tutorials from udacity/udemy/youtube in the language/engine you feel more confident and when you finish it sussefully (is not easy) then start to search collaborate with other people

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
personally i recomend do your own game firts (a very simple one) before try join a proyect, if you do not know how the generals game logic works.

search the tipical flappybird/ platformer video tutorials from udacity/udemy/youtube in the language/engine you feel more confident and when you finish it sussefully (is not easy) then start to search collaborate with other people
I would prefer to learn only the coding aspect of game development. I know the art work, animations etc take a lot of time compared to coding. I love coding and am very bad in artwork. So i would love to learn only the coding part. If you have a code that you want to debug, pls give me a chance.

• Angry
Reactions: quarzo

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
on case of unity:

usually the bennigers tutorials you can find anywere actually provide all the art/music stuff for you only focus on code.
follow the guide, when succes, try do it again without guide, then with the little real experience and urdenstanding of game bussines adquired (because game programming is not fancy like the web/app programing) search open proyects for try mod it.

because unfortunally it is not someting you can learn easily only reading code. (well i really dont know if in case of rempy can be much more ligth to do)

I insist on tutorials because it is not something that can be explained in 1 hour. if this still seems too much to you, then you will have little chance that someone will allow you to collaborate on a project.

the other way is like raverger says, start making mods from other games, like "life play"(is hard because all infor is not avallaible on the docs/wiki and is limited to the random events), or skyrim on loverLab forums