Need some clarification.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Good evening, or morning.. or afternoon! Your choice in the end, since obviously I don't know the majority of the timezone in here xD
Anyway, without further ado I wanted to ask something that is completely unrelated to the forum, to the games shared here and so on: someone currently is playing Apex Legends? And so, by any chance from time to time you have the "famous" error in which says that memory couldn't be written? Or read? Something like that? I tried to wrote the number that gave me - 0x3fb8e6b7 (though I think I'm missing the other reference number) - but didn't come up with anything at all.

The funny thing is that I have this problem only with this game currently. With for example, God Eater 3 or Yakuza 0 this kind of thing doesn't pop up! With Apex Legends I barely can make one or two battle which last really little but then all of a sudden, crashes at the third, giving me this error. I read that maybe can be some third-party driver but I didn't install anything at all lately; other says that is caused by a "malfunction" of the RAM itself (god I hope not. I don't have 50€ right now for another); others says to do a test with Memtest or a clean boot/reboot but frankly, I don't know how to "use" both of them but in the end if it's only just this game while the others not, I don't really think that is this the cause.

I'm going crazy, honestly. Unless it's a problem of the game itself at the moment, I can't really understand what's going on. Thank you so much :/
(I don't know if this was the right section, or "General discussion" so.. if not, you can move there)

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
given that it is effecting only one game i would rule out memory issues and look at drivers .My first port of call given that it is a fairly new game would be check your drivers are up to date more specifically graphics drivers Nvidia launched new drivers 2 days ago for the 10 series Not looked at AMD as i dont use them but would suspect they have fairly recent drivers as well for their cards

With the above i am assuming your system has the specs to run the game

Reactions: brynhildr

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
given that it is effecting only one game i would rule out memory issues and look at drivers .My first port of call given that it is a fairly new game would be check your drivers are up to date more specifically graphics drivers Nvidia launched new drivers 2 days ago for the 10 series Not looked at AMD as i dont use them but would suspect they have fairly recent drivers as well for their cards

With the above i am assuming your system has the specs to run the game
The only thing that is not updated, in fact are the Nvidia Drivers but because apparently the newest "break" somehow Daz3D so that's why I didn't updated it and I'm holding for now with what I have (in fact, two version before). Because for the rest I did pretty much everything, and yeah, like I already mentioned in another thread about the spec:

- Win 7 64bit
- Nvidia GTX 970 4GB
- 8 GB Ram (don't remember the model or what type is, though surely DDR3)
- i5-4670K 3.40 Ghz
So I highly doubt that I don't met the required settings. Without a doubt I have to buy another 8GB of RAM so I can have more "freedom", but again, if does this only with this game.. then maybe are the drivers and/or the fact that the game is new.

I.. don't think that is the problem that I have, currently.

- DirectX are updated
- Like I said above, Nvidia drivers are the only one because of that Daz3D problem
- The game is fine since I installed it from scratch.. though now that I think about it, I might have to run the "repair" tool and see. Because actually while downloading it the power went out for a moment.. so maybe some files got corrupted in the process.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
what exactly are you witnessing when you crash. is it a hard freez and crash? can you move your mouse freely immediately after the crash? does the game stutter a bit before it crashes or does the game give you ANY other signs before it comes to the crash? are you experiencing blue screens? how high are ya fps (if you play on steam you can see it on the top left of ya monitor)?

tomorrow (after my dentist-visit), i will try to get a bit deeper into the material. i'm sure we will find something.

ps: how up to date is you mother board? did ya ever flash it (not that it might be the cause to ya problem... but ya never know)?

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Good evening, or morning.. or afternoon! Your choice in the end, since obviously I don't know the majority of the timezone in here xD
Anyway, without further ado I wanted to ask something that is completely unrelated to the forum, to the games shared here and so on: someone currently is playing Apex Legends? And so, by any chance from time to time you have the "famous" error in which says that memory couldn't be written? Or read? Something like that? I tried to wrote the number that gave me - 0x3fb8e6b7 (though I think I'm missing the other reference number) - but didn't come up with anything at all.

The funny thing is that I have this problem only with this game currently. With for example, God Eater 3 or Yakuza 0 this kind of thing doesn't pop up! With Apex Legends I barely can make one or two battle which last really little but then all of a sudden, crashes at the third, giving me this error. I read that maybe can be some third-party driver but I didn't install anything at all lately; other says that is caused by a "malfunction" of the RAM itself (god I hope not. I don't have 50€ right now for another); others says to do a test with Memtest or a clean boot/reboot but frankly, I don't know how to "use" both of them but in the end if it's only just this game while the others not, I don't really think that is this the cause.

I'm going crazy, honestly. Unless it's a problem of the game itself at the moment, I can't really understand what's going on. Thank you so much :/
(I don't know if this was the right section, or "General discussion" so.. if not, you can move there)
okay i think i got something:

so you are not he only one with this problem.
what I've read in those 13 pages was, that it could be windows 7 causing the problem and that you need c++ 2015 and not only c++ 2017 (if ya wanna read into it yourself, i found page 4 to be particularly interesting). if you wanna find out what c++ you have currently installed you can use iobit. note: it's totally fine to have several c++ versions, so no need to delete 'em or anything. microsoft can give ya the ya need.

personally i highly doubt your ram is broken or so. apex legends seems to be ram hungry, but even with AV on (which i highly recommend) you should be good to go. it also just needs up to 8 GB ram 1333 MHZ DDR3, which is standard.

here some more links. maybe they will help ya:

personally, after reading through it, i think it's the game that cause that problem. it seems that it's badly optimized for windows 7.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
okay i think i got something:

so you are not he only one with this problem.
what I've read in those 13 pages was, that it could be windows 7 causing the problem and that you need c++ 2015 and not only c++ 2017 (if ya wanna read into it yourself, i found page 4 to be particularly interesting). if you wanna find out what c++ you have currently installed you can use iobit. note: it's totally fine to have several c++ versions, so no need to delete 'em or anything. microsoft can give ya the ya need.

personally i highly doubt your ram is broken or so. apex legends seems to be ram hungry, but even with AV on (which i highly recommend) you should be good to go. it also just needs up to 8 GB ram 1333 MHZ DDR3, which is standard.

here some more links. maybe they will help ya:

personally, after reading through it, i think it's the game that cause that problem. it seems that it's badly optimized for windows 7.
Unfortunately, I have all of the C++ libraries already installed, every version of it so it's not that, for sure.
And even if I try any of those methods suggested, it's just a way to "reduce" the crashes but not a definitive one to remove it completely.. so if it's really Win 7 the problem here who still use this can only wait and hope for a patch that fixes this problem here. Would've been better then make this game only for Win 8 or 10 directly, if things are like this. Because sure as hell I won't install 8 or 10 just to play this game, since I'm doing just fine with everything that has been released until now and probably even Metro will work like a charm - which will be definitely more heavier than this.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
It's 100% the game. In my group of friends its all happened to us anywhere from 5-20 times. Some days seem worse then others and none of us might crash/freeze or whatever, and others it will literally be impossible to play the game. Apparently recently they released a patch to remedy the issue, it didn't work.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Unfortunately, I have all of the C++ libraries already installed, every version of it so it's not that, for sure.
And even if I try any of those methods suggested, it's just a way to "reduce" the crashes but not a definitive one to remove it completely.. so if it's really Win 7 the problem here who still use this can only wait and hope for a patch that fixes this problem here. Would've been better then make this game only for Win 8 or 10 directly, if things are like this. Because sure as hell I won't install 8 or 10 just to play this game, since I'm doing just fine with everything that has been released until now and probably even Metro will work like a charm - which will be definitely more heavier than this.
win 8 players have the same problems xD. people who changed to win 10 reported, that the game worled flawlessly afterwards. so i REALLY suspect it's the games fault. hope that shitty ea fix it. if not, don't give a fuck about the game as it's not worth it to change to win 10 just for a game ^^. see it from the other perspecive: your pc runs totally fine ;D
t

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
win 8 players have the same problems xD. people who changed to win 10 reported, that the game worked flawlessly afterwards. so i REALLY suspect it's the games fault. hope that shitty ea fix it. if not, don't give a fuck about the game as it's not worth it to change to win 10 just for a game ^^. see it from the other perspective: your pc runs totally fine ;D
t
I run on Widows 10, shit still crashes at least once a day.