Need some help to get started on visual representation in planned game project

Bobtown

Mar 24, 2017
I am a programmer looking to start creating a game. The only aspect i can't seem to figure out how to even start on is visual representation.

To give you an idea of what i'm looking for:

The game i'm planning is going to be mostly UI driven, but to add some excitement and visual stimulation i would like to add some renders depicting whats going on (mainly portraits or full height renders of characters during different activities wearing different outfits). In addition i would like to add full scale renders for important (lewd) scenes (that might include animations if it's realistic).
Since characters can wear a multitude of outfits and can change aspects of their bodies (hair, makeup, plastic surgery), i was thinking about an architecture with sort of layered renders.
A main render for the general body plus specific renders for the clothes, facial expressions etc. per pose. That way i could just build a render the way the current state of the character would require (pose, overlayed with current clothes, hair etc.).

The specific problem that i am looking to get help right now, is that i have no idea if such a thing is even a realistic undertaking for someone without any experience when it comes to 3D Artwork, and if it might be, where to actually look to find out how to best achieve what i'm looking for (DaZ? others?).
I am not looking for specific tutorials or such at this point (though if you got one that is spot on for what i'm looking for feel free to still link it), but rather a general opinion from someone with experience who might have an idea if i would just end up wasting lots of hours trying to achieve something that is destined to fail.

To anyone taking the time to help, thank you in advance :)

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
What you want is certainly possible but if it's specifically 3D that you want then you're better off making a render for each character in each outfit (so actually redering character A wearing outfit 1, wearing outfit 2, etc) and then swapping out the character renders when outfits need to be switched (if you use renpy to make the game this can be done really easily using a ). As for which art engine to use, if you're new to making art (especially 3D) then I'd recommend either daz or koikatsu depending on what look you want. If you have the talent to do 3D modeling then I'd add others like blender to the list.