Need some reviews on this render

maverick555

Dec 10, 2019
Hello everyone
I just started working with Daz studio and I have created my first proper render.

I would like to use this render in my VN. So can anyone tell me that this is good enough to use or I need to improve?
Also, I have NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 4 Gb (if thats important)

Tips for improving will be much appreciated:D
Cheers!
hjhgkh.png

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
I read a lot of erotica. Any image is ok.

This is not as polished as the high-end stuff but there are several games with this quality of image with substantial followings.

Reactions: maverick555

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
A little grainy but there's far worse out there and I like that you're adjusted her top rather than leave it with the painted on look that, otherwise more polished, renders have. One issue I notice is some inconsistency with the shadows, from what I can tell the light source is going from front-left to back-right but the shadow from the right hand cushion appears to be coming from the opposite direction and the one on the right arm of the couch goes back-left to front-right.

Not a big deal, I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't looking carefully for the purposes of a review :)

I should also say that I've never even tried Daz so I'm judging this purely as someone who plays a lot of games which contain those renders, I have no idea how difficult it must be to get those details right.

Last edited:

john barrac

May 16, 2017
Good start. I know how the challenges of learning DAZ by yourself, so my best advice is to load the lights in your scene. You can either load a new scene with these lights or load the subset lights into your scene. You can also learn how to unlock the lights, so you can move them around, if needed. These are my favorite lights...
Best of luck to you!

GAMEPLAY7

May 4, 2020
I am No expert on renders but it's difficult to do for those who try and get succeed also by the time to time.
Good luck :BootyTime:

Reactions: maverick555

pat11

Jan 1, 2019
It's a good start, you can if you want to put this render in your game, but I would be you I will pay a little more attention to the small details, this is what will make you differentiate yourself from other artists.
really pay attention to the clothes, as you can see there is a problem with the pants and the shoes.
There is a lot of game with the same quality as your render, if you want to stand out, only one solution, the details, everything is in the details.
If your PC is not very powerful, you will have to use a denoiser, it is imperative.
Also don't forget the DOF.

The road will be long to reach quality, I wish you success with your future game.

maverick555

Dec 10, 2019
It's a good start, you can if you want to put this render in your game, but I would be you I will pay a little more attention to the small details, this is what will make you differentiate yourself from other artists.
really pay attention to the clothes, as you can see there is a problem with the pants and the shoes.
There is a lot of game with the same quality as your render, if you want to stand out, only one solution, the details, everything is in the details.
If your PC is not very powerful, you will have to use a denoiser, it is imperative.

The road will be long to reach quality, I wish you success with your future game.
Thank you for your tips brother!

Reactions: pat11

5thFloorGames

Falling for Madison
Game Developer
Jul 7, 2019

I agree with everything said here. The issue with the shoes looks like you just need to apply the foot pose that should have come with the shoes asset. Then you would probably have to adjust the pose a little to account for the fact she wouldn't be sitting flat footed anymore. Also post work on renders can help fix issues you either didn't catch before the render or things you weren't able to correct within Daz. Photoshop, GIMP (FREE), or something along those lines would help.

Other than that. Just keep doing renders. Trying different things. Just see what works for you.