Need suggestions

Luciusluc

Jan 3, 2021
Hey.. i just start making a game.. but my renders aren't good enough, well... Far from good.. i don't have powerful hardware to create better renders tho.. is it ok if i upload here when i finished it?

The thing is seeing
other developers that have magnificent renders already makes me feel so down.
:(
Well.. need a word.. what should i do?

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
Just release it when it's done.
Whether it's good or not doesn't rely just on the renders.

Also, if you need help, this subforum has a lot of resources for developers. There are a couple of guides and a lot tricks on optimising Daz, if you feel like searching a bit. You can also ask for help there. If I were you I'd just upload a couple of renders there and the pc specs and ask for feedback on what should/could be improved.

Lastly, if feel that your renders are that bad, you could switch engine. Honey select 2 isn't that bad.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
some samples?

The bar on renders is already so low that I doubt you could make something worse than what already exists, but with some samples people could tell you if it is good enough or if you should stop and hone your skills a bit more before wasting hours and hours on something that looks bad.

Luciusluc

Jan 3, 2021
Just release it when it's done.
Whether it's good or not doesn't rely just on the renders.

Also, if you need help, this subforum has a lot of resources for developers. There are a couple of guides and a lot tricks on optimising Daz, if you feel like searching a bit. You can also ask for help there. If I were you I'd just upload a couple of renders there and the pc specs and ask for feedback on what should/could be improved.

Lastly, if feel that your renders are that bad, you could switch engine. Honey select 2 isn't that bad.
i use laptop. here..
Untitled2n.png

Luciusluc

Jan 3, 2021
some samples?

The bar on renders is already so low that I doubt you could make something worse than what already exists, but with some samples people could tell you if it is good enough or if you should stop and hone your skills a bit more before wasting hours and hours on something that looks bad.
these are few samples... airportrevision.png mcnhartalk1.png

Luciusluc

Jan 3, 2021
whenever i try to setting the render that might have clear and better render, my laptop always freeze. so these are my finished renders so far.. so much noises

Deleted member 2741424

Aug 17, 2020
Hey.. i just start making a game.. but my renders aren't good enough, well... Far from good.. i don't have powerful hardware to create better renders tho.. is it ok if i upload here when i finished it?

The thing is seeing
other developers that have magnificent renders already makes me feel so down.
:(
Well.. need a word.. what should i do?

I've seen great games with shitty graphics. I've seen shitty games with great graphics. I prefer the great game every single time. If it's a great story with just decent graphics, that's a win.

Jul 4, 2021
Looks fine besides the noise but ehh. Not complaining. Almost all the time if the story is good and ok renders then its totally fine.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
The raytracing noise is bad but understandeable considering you are using a laptop with 4gb ram.

I'd say that you should look online on all the possible ways to optimize DAZ to cut down this noise as much as possible but other than that there is not much else you could do if you want to stick with daz.

You could consider going the other way around and completely stylizing the result with artistic filters on top of the renders like this game does. Some filters could help hiding/averaging the noise.

There are also raytracing denoisers that could help a bit.

Reactions: Luciusluc

Luciusluc

Jan 3, 2021
The raytracing noise is bad but understandeable considering you are using a laptop with 4gb ram.

I'd say that you should look online on all the possible ways to optimize DAZ to cut down this noise as much as possible but other than that there is not much else you could do if you want to stick with daz.

You could consider going the other way around and completely stylizing the result with artistic filters on top of the renders like this game does. Some filters could help hiding/averaging the noise.

There are also raytracing denoisers that could help a bit.
Thanks!! I'll try it. Hope get better result

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Another tip is to render characters individually, without background. This should reduce a lot of the noise and workload to render each image, then put them together in an image editing software or even directly in renpy like a normal vn that already has characters separated from the background.

Jun 23, 2020
If you are really looking for a Hardware friendly Engine, there are a few that you could use. One that you could try to use is HS renders as a base. You would atleast get rid of the grain... as an advice.

thumbs-up-good.gif

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022
I'm just going to play devil's advocate and say that if you're patient enough to learn Blender, the graphics are real-time with no noise, but with reduced features like a game engine, the animation is much faster, easier and less messy, and it's simple to make your own rooms and props.

(Of course, the downside is if you aren't already a 3D artist, if you're just somebody who double-clicks a character and then double-clicks a pose and then clicks render and that's the extent of your engagement with this hobby, "learn blender" is a pretty big task because you're starting from square one.)

If you already have some 3D experience, though, you should seriously consider trying to pick Blender up. It's free and well-documented and a lot of the 3D skills will transfer once you learn the new UI.

Reactions: Domiek

Luciusluc

Jan 3, 2021
I'm just going to play devil's advocate and say that if you're patient enough to learn Blender, the graphics are real-time with no noise, but with reduced features like a game engine, the animation is much faster, easier and less messy, and it's simple to make your own rooms and props.

(Of course, the downside is if you aren't already a 3D artist, if you're just somebody who double-clicks a character and then double-clicks a pose and then clicks render and that's the extent of your engagement with this hobby, "learn blender" is a pretty big task because you're starting from square one.)

If you already have some 3D experience, though, you should seriously consider trying to pick Blender up. It's free and well-documented and a lot of the 3D skills will transfer once you learn the new UI.
I'm really new in 3D rendering stuff.. so yep! Still need much to learn.. thanks for the advice!

Apr 21, 2022
I'm really new in 3D rendering stuff.. so yep! Still need much to learn.. thanks for the advice!
Oh. You're interested in learning? Well then. Here's one good place to start for a crash course in very specific tasks:

Fastest single-task video tutorials on the internet. He doesn't go over the fundamentals, though, so you'll need to learn those skills elsewhere or learn by doing. And you'll need to export the models from Daz into Blender first. Consensus is is better than Daz Bridge by a mile.

Good luck!

Luciusluc

Jan 3, 2021
Oh. You're interested in learning? Well then. Here's one good place to start for a crash course in very specific tasks:

Fastest single-task video tutorials on the internet. He doesn't go over the fundamentals, though, so you'll need to learn those skills elsewhere or learn by doing. And you'll need to export the models from Daz into Blender first. Consensus is is better than Daz Bridge by a mile.

Good luck!
I'm on it!! Thanks again! :D