[R>Writer] Need Writers for Text-Based Fantasy RPG

Rivinex

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2017
Project:
- The title is still in progress, we are working on filling in the world and game a bit before officially making a name. The project is still in the early development stages, we have a working prototype but we need content in the form of writing in order to fill it all in. We already have a programmer and an artist.

Looking for:
- Writers, someone that can help write 'sidequests' in our open world text based sandbox game that is heavily influenced by D&D, it is fantasy and set in a unique world.

Employment Type:
- As of right now, the work is unpaid. If the project does take off however, we are willing to backpay for completed 'side quests' at a fixed rate that can be negotiated depending on the quality of the work.

Work commitment:
- The work commitment for this project is at least one quest done per week minimum. We do not mind if you do not want to do more than that, just one per week works for us if that is all that is possible.

Preferred method of contact:
- Private message on f95 and I will send a discord tag or server invite.

Job Description:
- The exact specifics are as follows. We will provide you with a work flow and list of the steps to fill it out. A very short list would be this, draw a square grid map and label them with either letters or numbers, then start to fill in writing under the diagram or in a separate text file with information on what is going on in said grids, several maps can be done for one quest and they can be added to later in order to make the player feel like the world is fleshed out.

Once the map and list is done, they will be quality control checked and revisions may be asked to be done. Once revisions are complete, then the completed work will be put in-game and possibly put in the next update.

Additional comments:
- This exact project is expected to be long term, any help is appreciated but we will offer money incentive bonuses for those that start unpaid and move to paid if the project does take off. This project has been in the making since March 20th, 2022 and we appreciate everyone that even considers the offer.

Thank you for your time.

Rivinex

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2017
So the writer is expected to do level design as well?
Level design is a large part of the writing process for this project, it would be akin to being a DM in D&D and writing the campaigns. The goal that we have in mind is that eventually, each writer would claim an area in the world map and just write what they want to have for that area, have someone come in and create the environment and design the place, then the writer fills in the story content.

The short answer, yes and no. For now, we need writers that can do level design alongside the writing. Later on however, we will only need writing for stories and will not need level design.

May 27, 2021
Hey, may I be a part of the project?

I have absolutely very little experience in writing or generally being part of game development, I know extremely little of Python. I can write basic concepts though the downside being being that I am not that great with dialogue. It really depends on how you want to organize all the small details. I am somewhat good with D and D ideas. I used to play a lot of Total War Three Kingdoms. Basically I'd like to part of the project. The reason being I am still trying to figure out if I want to specialize in; regarding programing (got the software no skill), got the artistic hardware (no knowledge), and I do have ideas for interactive games (no way to organize it tough).

So please do respond because well I don't know.

Rivinex

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2017
Hey, may I be a part of the project?

I have absolutely very little experience in writing or generally being part of game development, I know extremely little of Python. I can write basic concepts though the downside being being that I am not that great with dialogue. It really depends on how you want to organize all the small details. I am somewhat good with D and D ideas. I used to play a lot of Total War Three Kingdoms. Basically I'd like to part of the project. The reason being I am still trying to figure out if I want to specialize in; regarding programing (got the software no skill), got the artistic hardware (no knowledge), and I do have ideas for interactive games (no way to organize it tough).

So please do respond because well I don't know.
Hey, send me a message with your discord tag and we can talk.

IrisSucc

Jul 12, 2018
Hello!

Discord Tag:
Iris Shard#7668

I've been writing lewd stories and ERPing for over 6 years now, last year wrote one of the stories for Love Stories: Sex and the Furry Titty. If the position is still available, I would love to work with you.

As I've been roleplaying for most of the experience, it might not directly relate to DM in D&D, but I have taken a big interest in game development lately, and would love to work on your project. And making levels is a great challenge to see myself in!

Apr 4, 2022
I am a total stranger to D&D and Dungeon Master related things but I do have knownledge of RPG mechanics and I am a writer. Am I eligible?

Rivinex

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2017
Hello!

Discord Tag:
Iris Shard#7668

I've been writing lewd stories and ERPing for over 6 years now, last year wrote one of the stories for Love Stories: Sex and the Furry Titty. If the position is still available, I would love to work with you.

As I've been roleplaying for most of the experience, it might not directly relate to DM in D&D, but I have taken a big interest in game development lately, and would love to work on your project. And making levels is a great challenge to see myself in!
I sent you a discord friend request.

I am a total stranger to D&D and Dungeon Master related things but I do have knownledge of RPG mechanics and I am a writer. Am I eligible?
Everyone is eligible, honestly less experience is preferable so we can get experience as we go.

Reactions: IrisSucc

YeonheeChan

Nov 19, 2021
Hello! I'm highly interested in this project! My discord is twofacebaby#6532, and if you would like a look at what I'm capable of as a writer here's an Elden Ring fic I wrote a few months ago!

Jaymorr

May 21, 2022
Hi there.

Writing is a hobby of mine and while I have never written professionally I have taken writing courses before and spend hours every week writing for my own projects and such.

I am also a perma DM and have 3+ years experience with DnD settings both official and my own homebrew world. I enjoy world building but designing quests has always been one of my favorite parts of DMing so this project interests me.

Feel free to send me a request on discord:
Chef#2730

Cheers