Need your advices for my female antagonist character

Salty01

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
Hi guys ! I actually drawing my antagonist character for my game, and I would like to have your opinion, which one do you prefer? I did a Strawpoll if you would like to vote! And if you want to give me your opinion as a comment it would be with great pleasure!

Reactions: kshyk

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
3 looks a little too immature/childish as if for a young henchman/thug type.
1 and 2 were close for me.
2 Won because it looked a little more interesting/has more character than 1.

Reactions: Salty01

grtrader

Feb 11, 2019
Hi guys ! I actually drawing my antagonist character for my game, and I would like to have your opinion, which one do you prefer? I did a Strawpoll if you would like to vote! And if you want to give me your opinion as a comment it would be with great pleasure!

View attachment 345698
This answer might sound like a bit of a cop out but I'll explain it.
The character you should choose should be the one you envision in the story not what others suggest or want.
The reason I suggest that is simple. The story should be the story you want to tell. When you let others decide the story it's less your story and thus you will find you are less into it over time. Write what you want to write, use and visualize the characters you want in the story. Make the story truly the story you want to tell. That way you end up doing the best job you can.

The best novels, stories and so on aren't ones the authors decided to ask the audience what they want to read.
You may or may not ever write to the level of Hemingway, Steinbeck, Fitzgerald, Faulkner ... but I think there is a lesson to be learned from them. Often they would lock themselves away disapearing from the public's eye almost as if they fell off the face of the earth at times when it came to writing. Needless to say they weren't on the internet asking what they should write.

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018

View attachment 345698
I'd like some context before I give my opinion, because depending on certain factors different hairstyles add to the character, e.g.:
Background: Royalty? Go for 1 - Military? Go for 3 (and lose a little hair length on top, just a little)
Character: Extravagantly dominant? Go for 2, maybe add a tattoo somewhere

Imho: Just try to think "If I were that character, what would I do to portray it? Or would I want to conceal it?" --> If you end up with different results and can't decide / want to have a second opinion, come again... :)

Reactions: Salty01 and Namco15

Oshitari Azumi

Who's the strongest Nobbu?!
Donor
May 23, 2017
Assuming we can only choose one, I'd say 1. I like all three just because they do look distinctive, but I personally like girls to not look too tomboy-ish.

Reactions: Salty01