Need your opinion once again! (2D related)

Would people like such a game?

• Yes

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I will keep it simple: If I were to make a game similar to breeding season but with this quality of graphics (CG wise): would people play it?

It will probably be a very long time before I am done with Workers of Kartedhir but I like to keep my ideas organized and my next main project will be either trying my hand with 3D or do yet another animated 2D game and I have to decide which one to scrap.

Note: It is not a matter of which one I want to do the most, I like all my ideas but I have many and I need to scrap some off and know which one to attempt next ahead of time.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
To be honest, I probably wont play it unless it has an awesome story. The art is not bad, but not really good either, that combined especially with the rpgm style made me stay away from your current game. You clearly have a hand for drawing and if you can improve on that and don't use rpgm style I might change my opinion.

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I'll count that as a no then, since the breeding season game I had in mind would have been more akin to Harvest Moon but with hentai (therefore rpgm style).
Thanks for sharing your opinion!

Reactions: recreation

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
No, because I have no interest in breeding, slavery, whoring or mechanics based games in general.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
There is a huge base of RPGM players and fans, despite what noobs might tell you. The engine has some miles on it, the clutch is slipping, and it burns oil, but it will still get you to your destination.

Casually tossing around the idea of abandoning a game to start a new one, does not instill faith in players who might be interested in your game. Fans can be loyal for life, if you never screw them over, but once you do, you will never live it down. You're asking them to invest their time, and maybe their money in you, so to say that it means so little to you that you might drop it, paints a picture of future disappointment.

If you have the staff and resources to work on two games at once, without significant impact or delay, go for it.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Oh no, you misunderstood! I am not dropping Workers of Kartedhir :p I would never abandon a game, I start projects with the aim to complete them, no matter what.

I was just asking to brainstorm some ideas for my next project which will happen waaaay in the future but I like to start planning early so I will have everything ready once I actually start the project.
I made this topic to decide whatever my next project will be 2D or 3D and I think I will go for the latter.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
The new generation of automation technicians, who assemble, program, and maintain the robots, that take the jobs from the workers of Kartedhir, forcing them into early retirement, will be 3D? Isn't that a bit cliche?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
There is a huge base of RPGM players and fans, despite what noobs might tell you. The engine has some miles on it, the clutch is slipping, and it burns oil, but it will still get you to your destination.
I'm ignoring the noob part and answer anyway :p
To be fair, one can create really awesome rpgm games. I have seen many of them and have been part of the rpgm community for years, used every rpgm from 2k to vx myself and worked with some awesome people over there. What I don't like is the lack of distinctiveness. Almost every (adult) rpgm game looks the same and plays the same. Dev's don't even try to do something different. Even the grafics look like they are still working with rpgmxp. I started to grow some anger over the years because of this, even started to hate this style and when I see it, I simply stay away from the game.

@Winterfire If you can make a rpgm style game that is still different from the rest, I would try it^^
But you are the one who decides anyway, so go for what you like ;)

Chaussettes

Apr 1, 2018
I'll be honest : While the genre of breeding and things appeal a lot, A LOT, to me, I wouldn't play it. I feel like (I hope you're not taking this too bad) the art is too weak. Maybe if you had a really good story with really good mechanics, it would compensate, but if there's that art and average story/gameplay, I think I wouldn't. I would probably try it, but very probably not support it, either with money or posts on forum or on discords.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I'm ignoring the noob part and answer anyway :p
To be fair, one can create really awesome rpgm games. I have seen many of them and have been part of the rpgm community for years, used every rpgm from 2k to vx myself and worked with some awesome people over there. What I don't like is the lack of distinctiveness. Almost every (adult) rpgm game looks the same and plays the same. Dev's don't even try to do something different. Even the grafics look like they are still working with rpgmxp. I started to grow some anger over the years because of this, even started to hate this style and when I see it, I simply stay away from the game.

@Winterfire If you can make a rpgm style game that is still different from the rest, I would try it^^
But you are the one who decides anyway, so go for what you like ;)
Workers of Kartedhir or any future games of mine will never use RPGM, not because I have something against it but simply because I feel more at ease with Unity plus there are some things that would not be possible on RPGM, like the ouija board minigame which uses 3D.
Another "Limit" of RPGM for my current project is the save system, I have no idea how it works and it would take quite some time to edit it to fit what I need and also understand how it works since my game plays a lot with the save system (If you sell a secondary character to slavery and the protagonist purchases you, her save gets "absorbed" by yours and so on).

I'll be honest : While the genre of breeding and things appeal a lot, A LOT, to me, I wouldn't play it. I feel like (I hope you're not taking this too bad) the art is too weak. Maybe if you had a really good story with really good mechanics, it would compensate, but if there's that art and average story/gameplay, I think I wouldn't. I would probably try it, but very probably not support it, either with money or posts on forum or on discords.
I would never take an opinion bad, thanks for sharing your opinion!

Reactions: recreation